Guide to determine sex of red whiskered bulbul visually

Maybe one of the famous species in Malaysia. 'Burung Merbah'
Tanin
Site Admin

Re: Guide to determine sex of red whiskered bulbul visually

Postby Tanin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Tanin wrote:Btw, here is a video of some breeder in Thailand talking about sexing the red whiskered bulbul.

He is using needle and see the different between male and female... the needle move differently between male bird and female bird.
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:09 am

I did see this but dint understand AS it is in thai ,this is some good info.so the difference is the movement in the needle.the first bird the needle moved much more then the second is that the difference im i correct,so which one here is M and which F.i wonder ifvit can be done with red vented

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 am

Tanin wrote:
romanxdsouza wrote:This is my red whiskered bulbul can some one tell me male or female ,this video is of her/ him singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVauE_Ohzs

Hi Bro,

Any possibilities to get 'closer' photo/video?

ok bro will try, actually this video was taken for the singing,my bird is scared of the camera/tab but i will try ,my bird is 6month old only can we still sex it.?

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Tanin wrote:
Tanin wrote:Btw, here is a video of some breeder in Thailand talking about sexing the red whiskered bulbul.

He is using needle and see the different between male and female... the needle move differently between male bird and female bird.

Tanin which one here is male, the first or the second bird?i dont understand thai
in the video,seem like the first bird the needle moves a lot but the second bird it is kind of still and not moving.
i will try this, but does he just tie the needle to a single string/thread or passes it through the needle hole and uses a double thread/ string ? also any idea how long is the string/thread. :sorry: i ask a lot of questions......

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 pm

lol... no worries.

The first one is male. The length of the string is 20cm.

Based on that guy, he use this method to identify the bird in his farm. Basically, for male, the string wont stay still (moving) if you point it to the vent of a male bird.
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:43 am

Tanin wrote:
romanxdsouza wrote:This is my red whiskered bulbul can some one tell me male or female ,this video is of her/ him singing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVauE_Ohzs

Hi Bro,

Any possibilities to get 'closer' photo/video?

Hey tanin,
maNaged toe get a video of my bird hopefully this could help you to let me no M or F http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FH6yxhPDWA . I checket with ray aka ( Snabber Snab) he says my bird sounds like a female As Females sing songs which are 2 to 3 notes. However there are no rwbb around my bird so may be thats why my bird cant sing notes more than 3 and would like to find a different way to sex besides singing/notes..... lets hope this video helps.my birds actully trys to copy my whistles hahaha.

Return to “Bulbul”