Postby impala » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 am

Just wanna show you guys my bulbul... It has funny topping :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoKNMpPwIgU

Impala!

robojumbo
Weaning Bird

Re: Impala's bulbul

Postby robojumbo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:23 am

Outrageous! What do you call him? Elvis Presley?

Impala, do you mind sharing with us about bulbul keeping in Vietnam? Like where do you buy your birds or catch them and what do you feed them with. How often and where you train them. Are young people picking up this hobby?

impala
Baby Bird

Postby impala » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:03 pm

robojumbo wrote:Outrageous! What do you call him? Elvis Presley?

Impala, do you mind sharing with us about bulbul keeping in Vietnam? Like where do you buy your birds or catch them and what do you feed them with. How often and where you train them. Are young people picking up this hobby?

Hi sir robojumbo!

His name is "matches" because I didn't really want to buy him. However, I was amazed by his topping and one of my friend took out 3 matches with different lenght, I chose the longest one and I got exactly the longest one. Then, I bought it. Elvis Presley is a nice name for him also, Thanks.

About the bulbuls in Vietnam. We still have a lot of wild bulbuls so usually we catch them in the wild. They sell them in bird stores or we can buy from the ones who directly catch them in the wild... In Vietnam, most of bulbul lovers we like to keep wild bulbuls because they are more aggressive but it gonna take 1-2 or even 3 years to tame them. But you gonna enyoy after they are tamed.

This bird is about 2 years in the wild and about 1 year in the cage. It still doesn't want to play much at chai. I'm still working on it. I just bought it about 2 months ago. It was in really bad health condition. I show you the picture of him when I bought him

After one month

I work all week so I just take him to the chai once a week on Sunday. I have no time for any competition

Right now, the way I feed him is pretty like Mr. Roadfai does.

Yeah, I pick up this hobby so randomly. I tried other birds but I love bulbuls most. Now I just keep 2 bulbuls. This one and the other in Mr. Roadfai's topic about C-shape jambul

Regard, Impala!

SgEagles
Flying Bird

Postby SgEagles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:30 pm

:goodpost:

Very beautiful Bulbul you got there.
This bird is from the North or South of Vietnam if i may ask... How is the calling sound?
Best Regards
Sunshine SG Songbirds

My (April 2015) collection
2 Jambuls
1 Mata Puteh
1 Spanish Timbrado
1 Hwa Mei ~ China Thrush

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. - Chinese Proverb

impala
Baby Bird

Postby impala » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:37 pm

SgEagles wrote::goodpost:

Very beautiful Bulbul you got there.
This bird is from the North or South of Vietnam if i may ask... How is the calling sound?

Sir SgEagles!

I believe it's from the south of Vietnam.

It doesn't show all of its sound (songs) so I haven't know surely about where exactly it's from

Regards, Impala

SgEagles
Flying Bird

Postby SgEagles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Nice bird... lots of sunshine, calcium and fresh fruits.. i am sure it will reward you with many happy smiles on your face when his form is regain..
Best Regards
Sunshine SG Songbirds

My (April 2015) collection
2 Jambuls
1 Mata Puteh
1 Spanish Timbrado
1 Hwa Mei ~ China Thrush

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. - Chinese Proverb

Return to “Bulbul”