Guide to determine sex of red whiskered bulbul visually

Maybe one of the famous species in Malaysia. 'Burung Merbah'
romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Re: Guide to determine sex of red whiskered bulbul visually

Postby romanxdsouza » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Ok so i tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50uUXYH9KQw with my 2 jambuls/bulbuls again...as like the video...again one tail was downward and the other one was upward my birds have rings on the legs one has red and other green i tried 2time and the green tail was downwards and the red was upwards....friends on this forum who are sure they have a pair...male and female and are 100% sure about it can try this...out.may be this will be another way to sex are red whiskered bulbuls RWB...if any of you have male and female please have a try and see if there is a difference in the tail of the male and femaLe and let us know...this will really help....the more of us try it ..we will get an idea on this way of sexing rwb..
Last edited by romanxdsouza on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Also i was reading that in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50uUXYH9KQw there was a mistake ...and below in this post i have mentioned how its supposed to be done

1- both of their feet should be on one of your fingers and they must be in the most comfertable pisition to check for there sexes.
2-males tails down....(as this is for canaries we have to try it and cofirm on this forum. if bros have male jambul/bulbul please try if you 100% sure its a male, let us know if tail is upwards or downwards ,the more bros who have males can try this and let us know upwards or downwards tail then we can say tht this trick is atleast 50% sure and know if male tail upwards or downwards)
3-females should have their tails go up.Again...( as this video is for canaries we have to try it and cofirm on this forum. if bros have female jambul/bulbul please try if you 100% sure its a female, let us know if tail is upwards or downwards ,the more bros who have females can try this and let us know upwards or downwards tail then we can say tht this trick is atleast 50% sure and know if females tail is upwards or downwards)
THIS TRICK IS FOR CANARYS BUT WE ALL CAN GIVE IT A TRY ...IM REALLY SUPRISED THAT MY JAMBUL ONE WAS UPWARDS AND OTHER DOWNWARDS WHICH MEANS THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN BOTH...COULD BE ONE MALE OTHER FEMALE...THE MORE WE ALL TRY ...THEN TJIS WOULD BE A NEW AND EASY WAY TO SEX...PLEASE TRY PUTTING PICS OF YOUR MALES AND FEMALES AFTERVTRYING THIS...LETS HELP ALL BROS HERE

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 am

No replys

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:10 am

Ive tried this many times on the same birds.....anf..All times i tried one tail was upwards and other ones tail downwards see the pics ..see the leg band/ring...green colour leg band rwb always downwsrds and red ring band rwb always upwards.

The question is upwards tail is male or female????
Attachments
PhotoGrid_1510930158336.jpg
PhotoGrid_1510930243649.jpg

Return to “Bulbul”