How to tame a wild caught/trapped pair of jambul..in detail help pls

Maybe one of the famous species in Malaysia. 'Burung Merbah'
romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

How to tame a wild caught/trapped pair of jambul..in detail help pls

Postby romanxdsouza » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi all, i have traped 2 red vented bulbuls from the wild its a pair which used to come sit on my jambuls cage, can any one help in telling me how to go about from here......i have kept the pair in a small cage its been 3days now with water and banana,the good thing is that they do not hurt there beak against the bars of the cage so no bleeding as such around the beak,how ever whn someone passes by or is close bybthe jump around like crazy,no whistles yet fron the bird.the forst they i caught them i had covered the cage completely now i leave it fully open.....next to my jambuls cage......plese tell me some one how do i go about..another question i had is.......after a pair of jambul is caught from the wild and then kept in quite a big cage with a plants,food, water...etc can these jambul then breed ,make a nest in the cage give eggs,chick......etc.or do they not breed or break there egg.......someone on here could give a full explaination from trapping a pair till breeding it to give chicks would be great...and would help evry one in the forum......also if they do breed its great coz catching the 2 jambuls from the wild means we do not need to worry about male and female because we know they are for sure a pair...

Tanin
Site Admin

Re: How to tame a wild caught/trapped pair of jambul..in detail help pls

Postby Tanin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:33 am

do you keep the cage where they are expose to lots of people's activity? I think if they do, it will help to make them become tame faster.
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:07 am

Yes sir, i do hang them up in my balcony were someone is always outside there ,near them....but what about breeding this pair once they settled
down....can it be done......its a pair for sure.

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi Bro,

once they settle down I think it is possible... if they are still wild, it is very less likely that they will want to breed :) :)

by the way, I find that if we can shower (spray water to them) every morning, the taming process will be faster...maybe you can try this if you have some avaiable time in the morning.:)
Best Regards,
Tanin

romanxdsouza
Weaning Bird

Postby romanxdsouza » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:01 am

Ok will spray them in the morning with water .... i think catching wild bulbul in a pair is a better way to breed jambuls (if it is possible and someone has done it sucessfully)as we do not have to spend time finding out which one is male or female :roll: wich is really complicated.......let me see onces they have tamed down how it goes....at the moment they are used to the cage but still scared when someone around they are eating well....whistles have staerted but on a very low note,bathing not yet......i hope someone who has done breeding of wild bulbuls reads this thread and puts up a good step by step explanation..on how its done.this would help so many of us on the forum .

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:22 pm

I actually have a pair of bulbul which I bought from some one (I think he bought it from a trapper). It was wild... however, early this year, I can see that they build a nest. Unfortunately, since they are wild, it is not successful.

While they are still wild, I can see that now they are settle down in the aviary and much calmer. I hope next year they will build nest again. Hopefully they will be able to breed
Best Regards,
Tanin

Return to “Bulbul”