Bow perch

There are lots of accessories that is required in keeping bird of prey. Discuss about it here.

Moderators: hawkeagle, Java Falconer

Tanin
Site Admin

Bow perch

Postby Tanin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:54 pm

Bow perch is very useful for keeping bird of prey especially if we want to train them. (falcon will prefer block perch though)… there are two type of bow perch, one is with leather-topped and another is rope bound type. The functions of the leathers or the rope is to make the bird feel comfortable when perch on it and it also will able to prevent the bird from developing bumble foot will will effect the bird health.

For indoor usage, normally bow perch will have heavy metal feet and for outdoor it normally have screw-in spikes. For smaller and medium species, leather-topped is preferred, but for large species like eagle, mostly rope bound type is used because the strong feet of the eagle will likely to destroy the leather.

Here below is some photo of my perch (some of them have some 'wrap' with rope, while some of them still 'naked' since it is not used at the moment...
outside the house

photo of the perch inside the house...

I have my own design for my bow perch, it is suitable for outdoor and indoor use.. when outdoor, it can be fixed to the ground and the hawk will not able to drag the perch.

Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

firmantiens
Hatchling

Postby firmantiens » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:11 am

made by bobby :lol:

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:58 am

Maybe next time Bobby can open a shop to sell the falconry accessories :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

hawkeagle
Falconer
Falconer

Postby hawkeagle » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:23 pm

Here is pic of my bow perch. you can get stainless steel welder to make this for you quit cheaply mine cost about 200 ringit. Bow perch must not have steep incline at each end. The padding surface must dry up quickly so bird feet doesnt stay wet for long.
Attachments
CIMG0225.JPG
CIMG0225.JPG (54.53 KiB) Viewed 2858 times

Java Falconer
Talking Birds

Postby Java Falconer » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:32 am

Cool one!

Btw, I'm intented to make one for my IBE, but seems that she is very comfortable using my pere block. Does an eagle is also good to be put on a block, rather than a perch? I've seen some falconers are using blocks for their eagles. I guess, for eagles is not that tricky like falcon or accipiter which must be put on a block and on a perch.
"An innate falconer"

Java Falconer
Talking Birds

Postby Java Falconer » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:34 am

Tanin wrote:Maybe next time Bobby can open a shop to sell the falconry accessories :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amien!!!

Well, maybe I can just do a little help for those who needed equipment ;)
"An innate falconer"

Return to “Accessories for falconry and Bird of prey”