Training Bird Of Prey : Start the work

Discuss about the training of bird of prey.

Moderators: hawkeagle, Java Falconer

Hazwan.jamain
Hatchling

Re: Training Bird Of Prey : Start the work

Postby Hazwan.jamain » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Tanin wrote:
Hazwan.jamain wrote:Hi tanin what if the bird doesnt eat from the glove after a 14 days?

May I know what species that you having the problem... I believed some species might be 'nervous' compared to other...

In this case, other than on the fist, did you provide it with food on the perch? sometimes if you provide food on the perch as well, it will take more time for it to eat on the fist... therefore for some falconer, they prefer to feed only on the fist on the first few days of training.

if time is not a problem for you or if you have a group of falconer... try to bring the bird around... hold the bird on the glove...change people if one already tired (maybe can do it in the weekend... where you can hold it the whole day)...after one or two days, the bird should get used to people and not nervous ... and tame enough to eat on the fist...

Good luck.

i have posted in the changeable hawk eagle thread with all the info

Tanin
Site Admin

Re: Training Bird Of Prey : Start the work

Postby Tanin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Hazwan.jamain wrote:
Tanin wrote:
Hazwan.jamain wrote:Hi tanin what if the bird doesnt eat from the glove after a 14 days?

May I know what species that you having the problem... I believed some species might be 'nervous' compared to other...

In this case, other than on the fist, did you provide it with food on the perch? sometimes if you provide food on the perch as well, it will take more time for it to eat on the fist... therefore for some falconer, they prefer to feed only on the fist on the first few days of training.

if time is not a problem for you or if you have a group of falconer... try to bring the bird around... hold the bird on the glove...change people if one already tired (maybe can do it in the weekend... where you can hold it the whole day)...after one or two days, the bird should get used to people and not nervous ... and tame enough to eat on the fist...

Good luck.

i have posted in the changeable hawk eagle thread with all the info

Noted bro.
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

Return to “Training Bird of Prey”