Goshawk

Section to discuss about the true hawks and all the shortwings

Moderators: hawkeagle, Java Falconer

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:55 pm

Chinchilla Silver wrote:Northern Goshawk is not available. But, other species are available, like Crested Goshawk.

Sparrowhawk also abundant in numbers in Indonesia.

If you have any chances to have them, do share some photo with us :D :D
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

Java Falconer
Talking Birds

Postby Java Falconer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:26 am

Perhaps some individuals or pairs of Northern Goshawk also inhabit SE ASIA. As I know they are migratory and could possibly living in Southern Latitude sometimes right.

Btw, about some accipiter pictures, you can found it in DS. My friend has post their Crested Goshawk and Sparrowhawk thay have. I've got mine too.
"An innate falconer"

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:23 am

Chinchilla Silver wrote:Perhaps some individuals or pairs of Northern Goshawk also inhabit SE ASIA. As I know they are migratory and could possibly living in Southern Latitude sometimes right.

Btw, about some accipiter pictures, you can found it in DS. My friend has post their Crested Goshawk and Sparrowhawk thay have. I've got mine too.

OK... thanks Bobby,

I will check it out in the DS.. :D
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

whassan1
The Great Eagle

Postby whassan1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:34 am

Hi Chinchilla,

I've visited DS and read a bit of the articles. I amnot familiar yet with the forum and its quite hard to go around finding information.

I see that you have some friends who owns the crested goshawk. Just as a matter of interest, do you know how do they find crested goshawks in terms or hunting ability and temperance? Do the birds hunt a variety of quarry or normally prefer just one type of quarry? Are they tempremental or quite steady birds?

And brother hawkeagle,

How is your crown eagle doing? At what stage is your training currently? Are you training her to hunt and what quarry will it be?

Sorry for asking too many questions but raptors really amaze me and when Tanin imports some in the future I would like to join him if possible and import one for myself as well :D :) .

Java Falconer
Talking Birds

Postby Java Falconer » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:30 am

whassan1 wrote:Hi Chinchilla,

I've visited DS and read a bit of the articles. I amnot familiar yet with the forum and its quite hard to go around finding information.

I see that you have some friends who owns the crested goshawk. Just as a matter of interest, do you know how do they find crested goshawks in terms or hunting ability and temperance? Do the birds hunt a variety of quarry or normally prefer just one type of quarry? Are they tempremental or quite steady birds?

CG belongs to Accipiter, so it must be a good avian predators (many avian spesies are their prey > considered the size only). About temperament, I don't know yet as I never had the chance to fly one.

Accipiter usually not a steady bird, unless, they are imprinted. Even, some imprinted birds are aggressive. Manning and training are the keys to a successful hunt with accipiter. They learn from repetition, while falcons learn by being rewarded.

Ask many questions as you like if you still confuse. I'll try to help you out!
"An innate falconer"

Return to “Short Wings”