MR behavior

Magpie robin is a nice bird with nice song. They spread across this region steadily.
DancingFrawg562
Hatchling

MR behavior

Postby DancingFrawg562 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:53 am

Hey guys

The MR that I own was doing well for a few weeks, eating all his pellets, bathing morning/afternoon, sunbathing for 5 minutes, eating his live food and had no problem being exposed to human traffic and vehicles. Even took live food from my hand.

One morning I woke up, excited to see him sing uncovered, once I uncovered him he started hopping around the cage. Afterwards, thrashing a little around as well. I put my hand inside his cage and suddenly he was afraid of me. Nothing changed, I wasn't wearing any apparel that would scare him or neither did something scare him at night. The night before I gave him an earthworm coated in powdered Vitamin B Complex, it is the only thing that I can think of that would change his behavior or perhaps caused him a side effect.

Has anyone experienced this with any of their birds?

Tanin
Site Admin

Re: MR behavior

Postby Tanin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:36 pm

is there any possibilities that it have night fright? (I mean something disturb him at night and it become too nervous afterward)
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

DancingFrawg562
Hatchling

Re: MR behavior

Postby DancingFrawg562 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:33 am

Not that I can think of bro tanin. Usually he is exposed to heavy road traffic and it doesn't bother him a bit, he sings as well. After that day, he has been scared of me for some reason, I think it has to do with the earthworm and vitamin B complex the night before he started acting that way. He stays in one position and fans his tail, bobs his tail up and down, hops around and is always steady.

He still takes a few worms from my hand and sings but is easily scared of me now. I have also heard that at some points MR's can act like a wild untamed bird again, either for a short time or for a long time.

Seems like it's back to 0 again, have to cover him fully and treat him like a wild bird again. I was having alot of joy with the little guy, took me a while to tame him to where he is at now. :cry:

Return to “Magpie Robin”