Crested Serpent Eagle Baby

Eagle is one of the largest species of bird of prey. They prey consist of small mammals and bird up to as large as wolf in some case...

Moderators: hawkeagle, Java Falconer

Tanin
Site Admin

Crested Serpent Eagle Baby

Postby Tanin » Sat May 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Here is some photo that I take during my trip back to Kedah last week. Well, one uncle clear his land next to his house to plant Rubber trees and found this baby crested serpent eagle in one of the trees.

I am not sure if there are any documented breeding behaviour of crested serpent eagle, but this species of eagle will lay egg and breed in a trees hole. They didn't build any nest!

At the time the photo was taken, this baby is kept for about one week already... it still didn't learn to fly yet... The uncle make this bird busy by installing a large mirror for him to play.

Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

november21972
Weaning Bird

Re: Crested Serpent Eagle Baby

Postby november21972 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:31 pm

He's beautiful. :)

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Tue May 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Yes... she look great... btw, the last time I checked, the uncle have 'release' the bird because I think he don't want to bear the food cost :lol: :lol: :lol: ... but since the bird is still at their own environment, I am pretty sure it can survive well
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

november21972
Weaning Bird

Postby november21972 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Tanin wrote:Yes... she look great... btw, the last time I checked, the uncle have 'release' the bird because I think he don't want to bear the food cost :lol: :lol: :lol: ... but since the bird is still at their own environment, I am pretty sure it can survive well

Ah.... If I was the one who got that chance I'll keep it! :) Also that bird seems tame and seems well adjusted. :)

Return to “Eagle”