HawkEagle's African Crown Eagle

Eagle is one of the largest species of bird of prey. They prey consist of small mammals and bird up to as large as wolf in some case...

Moderators: hawkeagle, Java Falconer

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:09 am

whassan1 wrote:Waaahhh... massive talons.. bigger than his fingers!!! WOW :shock: :shock:

I think he can go for big quarry like rabbits with such a bird!!! :) :D

:lol: :lol: I think rabbit will be too easy for this bird... most probably with good training, the falconer might able to hunt as large as goat or small deer with the crown eagle. :lol: :lol:
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

sliver2c
Talking Birds

Postby sliver2c » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:21 am

Tanin, dont mind me asking how do u have so much of knowledge about BOP being it is not known to many people, do you get your knowledge from books or is there any 'sifu' out there.
is there ant society for falconer in malaysia, really want to learn more as this is a totally a diffrent ball game.
from what i understand BOP could be very dangerous if handle by someone who is inexperience like me.
for beginners what is the best species of BOP one should acquire, thats easy to train and wont be a threat

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 am

sliver2c wrote:Tanin, dont mind me asking how do u have so much of knowledge about BOP being it is not known to many people, do you get your knowledge from books or is there any 'sifu' out there.
is there ant society for falconer in malaysia, really want to learn more as this is a totally a diffrent ball game.
from what i understand BOP could be very dangerous if handle by someone who is inexperience like me.
for beginners what is the best species of BOP one should acquire, thats easy to train and wont be a threat

:lol: :lol: No problem Sliver2c :lol: :lol: :lol: ... most of it is obtain from books and readings/discussion... :lol: :lol:

There are no society for falconer in Malaysia at the moment, but I heard about a falconer in Malaysia that had train local species like crested goshawk, kites and some longwing and hunt with them. It is said that this falconer is from north, but it is only hearsay... I am unable to confirm this :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the best BOP for newcomer is harris hawk as most of them is friendly and easy to train. They also take variety of quarry, plus they will do well in most of the situation.

Yes, BOP can be dangerous especially the larger species... I think the method that most of the west use currently is good if someone would like to keep and train BOP, i.e. get a mentor... since in Malaysia it is very difficult to find one, most probably the forum like this one is one of the best reference or to meet some other from the same interest :lol: :lol:
Best Regards,
Tanin

sliver2c
Talking Birds

h

Postby sliver2c » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks Tanin really appreciate it and lets find this mystery falconer and get him to this forum so that he could teach us more on BOP

what books do u suggest for a beginner to start off, dont mind me asking so many questions

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:46 am

From my observation, there are 2 book that is the novice favorite, it is the Falconry, Art and practise by Emma Ford and one more is Training Bird of Prey by Jemima Parry Jones... For owl, Owl by Jemima Parry Jones is also one of the favorite...

I have all the book above, but I think I prefer Jemima's one as it is easy to understand and it is a direct forward approach/step by step...
Best Regards,
Tanin

sliver2c
Talking Birds

Postby sliver2c » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:22 am

Thanks tanin, will go and get those books

Return to “Eagle”