Changeable Hawk Eagle

Eagle is one of the largest species of bird of prey. They prey consist of small mammals and bird up to as large as wolf in some case...

Moderators: hawkeagle, Java Falconer

Hazwan.jamain
Hatchling

Re: Changeable Hawk Eagle

Postby Hazwan.jamain » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi tanin, I'm from Brunei so there's nothing illegal about it, i previously had a crested that I flown Free. So i have had little little experience with BOP but i need help with this one as he has scratches on his face from the hunter just leaving it untethered so his cere is smashed and the tips of his wings are bleeding. so what do i do with the scratches? and should i feed him in his mews until he recovers and then train him or should i still proceed with training? he's been with me for a week and feeds off the lure and is calm on the fist and bates only a little

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Hazwan.jamain wrote:Hi tanin, I'm from Brunei so there's nothing illegal about it, i previously had a crested that I flown Free. So i have had little little experience with BOP but i need help with this one as he has scratches on his face from the hunter just leaving it untethered so his cere is smashed and the tips of his wings are bleeding. so what do i do with the scratches? and should i feed him in his mews until he recovers and then train him or should i still proceed with training? he's been with me for a week and feeds off the lure and is calm on the fist and bates only a little

From my observation, normally it will recover after a while (it take many month by the way :lol: )

If the injuries is minor, I think you can still proceed with the training... in my opinion, this is because once the bird is fully trained, it will be less likely that this 'injuries' will re-occured... normally trained bird will stay still and very calm... they will not bang on the cage... well, we normally didnt keep trained bird in the cage anyway :P

Having said that, if you think that the injuries is bad and it prevent her from fly properly etc... then it is better to keep her in the mews until she recover. Then you can start the training

Back to your query from other posting... if it is a CHE... I believed she will be fine with that period... as long as there are water provided... once, "Hawkeagle" tell me that CHE that is fully fat can go without food for few weeks.

Best of luck bro...

btw, in Brunei you can keep all BOP right? so envy of you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

Hazwan.jamain
Hatchling

Postby Hazwan.jamain » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Tanin wrote:btw, in Brunei you can keep all BOP right? so envy of you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Azula (my eagle) has eaten on the glove since today afternoon i manned him for a few hours. yes i don't keep him a cage i keep him in the mews. thanks for replying tanin, you will be hearing from me a lot since this is the first time i have a che for falconry.

Yes in Brunei there is no law on BOP except for the WBSE those are fully protected :) :) but due to no laws a lot of people keep them caged forever which is a shame :oops: .

Another question i have since we only have 2 seasons when do you think my bird will go into it's moult? since in european forums they say its during summer

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:29 am

Hazwan.jamain wrote:
Tanin wrote:btw, in Brunei you can keep all BOP right? so envy of you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Azula (my eagle) has eaten on the glove since today afternoon i manned him for a few hours. yes i don't keep him a cage i keep him in the mews. thanks for replying tanin, you will be hearing from me a lot since this is the first time i have a che for falconry.

Yes in Brunei there is no law on BOP except for the WBSE those are fully protected :) :) but due to no laws a lot of people keep them caged forever which is a shame :oops: .

Another question i have since we only have 2 seasons when do you think my bird will go into it's moult? since in european forums they say its during summer

No worries Bro, it will be great if you can share with us the progress of Azula frequently. I am sure many other member also will love to hear about your story.

with regards to moulting, in my opinion... the way our local species molt is different compared to European species. Overthere, I think during the molting, it will be heavy molting... many feathers will drop at the same time. However, here in our region... for CHE... the molt is not very heavy... therefore is will not be so obvious.
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

Return to “Eagle”