nestbox

The African grey parrot is a medium-sized, predominantly grey, black-billed parrot. Their average weight is 400 grams (0.88 lb), with an average length of 33 centimetres (13 in) and an average wingspan of 46–52 cm. The Congo subspecies is a lighter grey, with darker grey over the head and both wings, while the head and body feathers have a slight white edge to them. The tail feathers are red. The Timneh subspecies is a darker gray and has a dark maroon colored tail as well as having a portion of their beak being light pink in color.
gotbird
Weaning Bird

nestbox

Postby gotbird » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi guys,

I put in a plastic box into their cages. It has been 2 days now and they are still not going inside. Everytime i see them, they are around but not inside. What can i do to make it easier for them ? By the way, i also did put some perlite and those wood shavings inside.

Thanks in Advance.

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Re: nestbox

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:59 am

No worry bro.. They just need some time to get use to the nest box.. Mine also having the same problem buta after a month.. They will go inside.. Just be patience.. :)

jounderw
Hatchling

Re: nestbox

Postby jounderw » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Yes, you just have to wait it out. They have to be comfortable and unafraid of the new addition to their cage. Ours had a very similar situation and after about 3 and 1/2 weeks they were both going in and out comfortably. Not to worry.

Return to “African Grey”