MY GREY BABY - SPECIAL THANKS TO BRO HCL

The African grey parrot is a medium-sized, predominantly grey, black-billed parrot. Their average weight is 400 grams (0.88 lb), with an average length of 33 centimetres (13 in) and an average wingspan of 46–52 cm. The Congo subspecies is a lighter grey, with darker grey over the head and both wings, while the head and body feathers have a slight white edge to them. The tail feathers are red. The Timneh subspecies is a darker gray and has a dark maroon colored tail as well as having a portion of their beak being light pink in color.
bambeeno
Weaning Bird

MY GREY BABY - SPECIAL THANKS TO BRO HCL

Postby bambeeno » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:44 am

Hello frens n bird lovers...after a week for an outstation, my baby grey is already went home with me on Fri 30 july...speechless to say that bro HCL did a great job to help me with open heart to look after my 6 weeks baby CAG. its not just a help, furthermore i have learned many things with him...

the main prob is..the extra food when feeding time...the messy..lebihan makanan yg tumpah becoz the baby mmg quite huru hara when makan time..tambah lagi this is my first experience handfeed to parrot species...so ianya akan jadi lebih huru hara...which is i knew it must be cleaned up after each feeding session..becoz boleh mendatangkan jangkitan parasit atau bakteria @ bende² yg seangkatan dengannya coz baby bird mmg senang sakit...mcm baby kita jugak...( pls correct me if iam wrong n appreciate additional infos from other otai in forum) i know mmg kena cuci...tapi when the time i got the baby..which is accidentally awal skit dari yg dirancang...n that time...i am very² busy at office + have to take care a baby CAG...so erverytime time makan...I couldnt handle the mess coz this gentle n carefull task need some time to finish..so what i did just wiped out the mess..in a hurry n try to give my very best for each feeding session....but slowly the mess will be melekat² mcm kerak nasi n much more harder to remove bila dh keras...so thats what the 1st thing bro HCL n his wife did when they got the bird n had to spent more than 1 hour to finish it..really tidious job...sorry again bro HCL...
so just a gentle reminder n to share with others......in my opinion, tak payah laa nk hanfeed kalau jenis busy tahap kt opis n kalau takde experience langsung in hanfeeding the baby birds...coz wht u might get is the baby mgkin boleh mati...thanks to god...since i got the baby...n then plus a superb one week guardiance by bro HCL, the baby look healthier n may be weaned very soon...mgkin jugak sbb sy mmg sgt² sygkan burung..n i give my 150% time to take care of the baby..mcm² i went thru...escape from office...everyday must go home in the afternoon...wake up much more earlier than usual everyday n many more....so kalau tak sanggup nk tanggung tu sumer...just forget bout it..hehehhe

but now, my penat lelah rasanya sudah terbalas...coz the percentage for my baby to survive seen bright...feeding time also very² smooth now...kalau tumpah pun skiiiit je...hehehhe...thanks again to bro HCL for the tips....my work at the office also sudah reda n this the best time for me to pamper him...play with him n etc..

ok fellows..panjang pulak merapu...thanks u to bro HCL...ckgu irwan-also help a lot thru phone..n other fellow frens...one more thing...dun shy to ask around if we dun know...iam sure in our forum..mmg ramai sgt kawan² yg boleh tolong.....this is not bout asking to look after ur baby bird when u went outstation...i meant the knowledge..heheheh ...in my case, I just lucky becoz HCL was around n sudi to help me out....

attached is the baby pic..taken this morning before go to work..after makan time...
DSC00925.mbf.JPG
always flapping his wings at this moment...
DSC00925.mbf.JPG (30.22 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
mini aviary at home.JPG
ni lah dia mini zoo kt umah..dh rindu sgt kt birdies kt TRG..last² trus setting dlm umah je...cage utk CAG pun dah ready....
mini aviary at home.JPG (23.59 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
Attachments
DSC00927.mbf4.JPG
kenyang already
DSC00927.mbf4.JPG (15.53 KiB) Viewed 1147 times

HCL
Wise Owl

Re: MY GREY BABY - SPECIAL THANKS TO BRO HCL

Postby HCL » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:52 am

Wow! Latte looks superb. You are doing a good job. We all miss Latte especially my daughter.

bambeeno
Weaning Bird

Postby bambeeno » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:29 am

thanks mate..forgot to mention...the baby bird's name is LATTE...special given by bro HCL in conjuction with his grey namely cocoa..his talkative mynah namely Mocha n the new family members my baby Latte'...cheers

jounderw
Hatchling

Postby jounderw » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:40 pm

WOW! He is absolutely gorgeous and I love love love the name that you chose! I bet he is so sweet! I grew up with African Grey's and now my husband and I have our own. He is 5 years old now and talks constantly! Great addition to our family.

Return to “African Grey”