License for Grey

The African grey parrot is a medium-sized, predominantly grey, black-billed parrot. Their average weight is 400 grams (0.88 lb), with an average length of 33 centimetres (13 in) and an average wingspan of 46–52 cm. The Congo subspecies is a lighter grey, with darker grey over the head and both wings, while the head and body feathers have a slight white edge to them. The tail feathers are red. The Timneh subspecies is a darker gray and has a dark maroon colored tail as well as having a portion of their beak being light pink in color.
Tanin
Site Admin

Re: License for Grey

Postby Tanin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Quincy wrote:
HCL wrote:Starting from June 27, greys need license to own. Those who own surat kebenaran / permit have to bring the permit to Perhilitan to get your license. As for new owners you have to submit receipt with the import permit # to apply for license.

Hi, I have a CAG which was left to my mom to care for when I went overseas to study. On 2010, my mom filled out a form to inform perhilitan that we have a CAG. My mom asked if a license is required and they said that the form is just to keep track of who is keeping african greys and a lincese is not required. Since then, my mom was not informed of any changes. I just came back not too long ago and I heard from someone that african greys now require lincense. As I was checking online to verify this infomation, I stumble upon this forum thread. What should I do about my situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bro,

If you still have the previous letter, maybe you can give a call to PERHILITAN and seek for the avaiable option...
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

Quincy
Weaning Bird

Postby Quincy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:23 am

I've manage to get the license without a problem. Thanks for the help and sorry for the late update. I hardly get on this forum.

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am

Quincy wrote:I've manage to get the license without a problem. Thanks for the help and sorry for the late update. I hardly get on this forum.

no problem bro.

glad to hear about the good news
Best Regards,
Tanin

sykes
Egg

Postby sykes » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:33 am

Why do we need lisence for bird that is not local? As long as it is captive bred (with full registered ring by breeder). We Malaysian tend to follow the crowd. AG have been bred successfully and doesnot need to be harvest from the wild. Time for the authority here to stand-up and be counted. US can get away with many things eg. The Rio and Japan Protocol for environment Time for us in a small way to question their motives
:wink:

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:44 am

sykes wrote:Why do we need lisence for bird that is not local? As long as it is captive bred (with full registered ring by breeder). We Malaysian tend to follow the crowd. AG have been bred successfully and doesnot need to be harvest from the wild. Time for the authority here to stand-up and be counted. US can get away with many things eg. The Rio and Japan Protocol for environment Time for us in a small way to question their motives
:wink:

Hi Bro,

This is somethings that most of us here cannot give an answer.... :rollinglough: :rollinglough: :rollinglough: :rollinglough:
Best Regards,
Tanin

Return to “African Grey”