Cocoa's longest distance outdoor flight

The African grey parrot is a medium-sized, predominantly grey, black-billed parrot. Their average weight is 400 grams (0.88 lb), with an average length of 33 centimetres (13 in) and an average wingspan of 46–52 cm. The Congo subspecies is a lighter grey, with darker grey over the head and both wings, while the head and body feathers have a slight white edge to them. The tail feathers are red. The Timneh subspecies is a darker gray and has a dark maroon colored tail as well as having a portion of their beak being light pink in color.
HCL
Wise Owl

Re: Cocoa's longest distance outdoor flight

Postby HCL » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:18 pm

I have thought about it but the problem there is no suitable place near my area for me to practise it. My Grey's recall training is far from perfect. We have just started not long ago and we have not tried long distance yet. And also the training depends on the availability of my wife.

I stay in a double storey house. Cocoa has no problem flying down from upstairs. She does that regularly and she is a very skillful flier now. I was surprised to see her maneuver in a small area recently. She is so agile like a small bird.

HCL
Wise Owl

Postby HCL » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am

After weeks of retraining her, she has finally accepted the new colours of the play gym. Here she flies again.

HCL
Wise Owl

Postby HCL » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 am

We did a few short distance recalls at our regular hiking place this morning.

HCL
Wise Owl

Postby HCL » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:12 am

I met 2 morons telling me to let Cocoa fly without the harness. One of the morons calling Cocoa a stupid bird. Cocoa didn't even offend him.
I was holding my temper as I do not want to make enemies because we met most of the time up there.
Why can't these shits behave nicely and mind their own business?

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 am

No worry HCL.. ive came across several bugs like them.. Just ignore them, nothing to lose.. maybe due to jealousy, its a kind of 'disease' too..

dance4rain
The Great Eagle

Postby dance4rain » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:53 pm

You did well with Cocoa. Don't mind others. The harness is for Cocoa's own safety, nothing to worry about other people's ignorance.
Apparently the crowd in Melaka is much more polite than K.L. If otherwise, I would have worn a parang on my waist :twisted: :twisted:
But in many places that I ventured, a tool such as the parang is indispensable - to clear bushes, flatten the ground, cutting branches.
Now I know of another use...... :lol: :lol: :lol: to keep people quiet :twisted:

Cheers!

Return to “African Grey”