Africa grey died suddenly

The African grey parrot is a medium-sized, predominantly grey, black-billed parrot. Their average weight is 400 grams (0.88 lb), with an average length of 33 centimetres (13 in) and an average wingspan of 46–52 cm. The Congo subspecies is a lighter grey, with darker grey over the head and both wings, while the head and body feathers have a slight white edge to them. The tail feathers are red. The Timneh subspecies is a darker gray and has a dark maroon colored tail as well as having a portion of their beak being light pink in color.
ridzal
Flying Bird

Re: Africa grey died suddenly

Postby ridzal » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 am

It's really sad to heard about that. Be stronger my friend Ally.

shanlung
Wise Owl

Postby shanlung » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:38 am

HCL wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolence to you.

I was thinking about the same as Irwan's theory. Peanuts should not be fed regularly.

I missed this thread and just came across it.
While it is good we be careful of what we feed the birds, it will be sad if we get too paranoid.
To the point good food got denied to the birds because of what others think.

I seen so many things that are said to be very bad, maybe from cultural prejudice.

Folks said soya beans must not be used, lima beans, corn etc etc, and of course peanuts.

Peanuts to me have been part of the diet I prepared for my birdies
See here
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
LiBai mash making.
About 300 grams of beef mince, with 200 grams of chicken mince and 150 grams of dried anchovies(for the calcium). That was all done up to the kitty mash formula I wrote about in
Pakistan//Tinkerbell Kitty Mash//Dommie at the beach Ramadhan 2010 //Villa walkabout 2
http://shanlung.livejournal.com/119237.html
Instead of the almond and brazil nuts, about 100 grams of human grade groundnuts(peanuts) were used.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Take note I use only human grade peanuts.
And they were soaked to germinate partly and after that, cooked.

I think I have enough photos of my birdies (and kitties) for you to see the gleam of their coat and their eyes and the state of their health.

But that said, I am no expert. So if you are afraid, you do whatever in your heart.
(and know the experts (including vets who recommend giving of commercial pellets notwithstanding the poisonous additives in them) out there that claim they know, might only be just repeating what they were told and that they do not know either)
Warmest regards

Shanlung
山 龍

http://www.geocities.com/shanlung9

HCL
Wise Owl

Postby HCL » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 am

I do feed my grey with human grade, grounded and roasted peanut on regular basis.

Return to “African Grey”