Chain

The African grey parrot is a medium-sized, predominantly grey, black-billed parrot. Their average weight is 400 grams (0.88 lb), with an average length of 33 centimetres (13 in) and an average wingspan of 46–52 cm. The Congo subspecies is a lighter grey, with darker grey over the head and both wings, while the head and body feathers have a slight white edge to them. The tail feathers are red. The Timneh subspecies is a darker gray and has a dark maroon colored tail as well as having a portion of their beak being light pink in color.
ccc
Hatchling

Re: Chain

Postby ccc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:36 am

Thanks yr comm bro Irwan, notice that the 8 ring one side is quite small round and difficult to lock and release when moving CAG in and out from the cage. To remove the spring lock on and off daily is sometime quite difficult and also worry one day may injure CAG leg. Therefore,should we modify the 8 ring by putting additional key chain ring say 5 cts size attached to the small 8 round and the other part of the chain add a smaller hook with easily handleable lock to lock on the additional key chain ring on the small 8 round rather than remove the spring lock on and off. Any idea whether is safe to modify base on this way or u may have better way? Thanks

birdstud

Postby birdstud » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 am

Be careful with this additional ring. There are cases where the chain link got caught to the cage bar or taking off in fright response and the poor bird dislocated its hip bones and thereafter now living in bird heaven. I removed the one on my CAG (actually also after kena bambu kau-kau from some matsalleh CAG keepers) and trained it to stay put on her playstand. I don't put her outdoors as a precaution and during transportation from cage to playstand I place my thumb over her feet to prevent accidental take-offs (must train the bird to allow you to do this though). Anyway this is merely my own opinion-the choice is ultimately yours.

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Agreed with birdstud.. Actually they can harm themselves when using the additional one.. Better you buy yourself a new 8 ring one, the one which is more larger and suits well with medium sized parrots.. Make sure it can move freely 360 degrees.. Just like what Im doing now, I prefer to use the spring one even its kinda fussy to do but have to.. Whenever they are outside put the chain.. When inside the cage release the bird or inside the house, dont use any chain.. Once your bird is ok then no more chain to be used but this is due to your mutual bonding and trust between you and your bird.. All at your own risk.. :wink:

junaidi_shmc
Hatchling

Postby junaidi_shmc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Wah.. Cam gitu leceh jugak.. But chaining is n0t a must kn? Kalau a must leceh.. Mane nak gi cari chain tu eh..
JUNAIDI

Wish to earn MORE MONEY relaxing at HOME?
Well now you can. Visit my website below.
http://junaidi.shmc888.com

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Its more into optional method.. If your bird already tame you dont have to.. But if wild, semi tame or just newly adjusting into your surrounding you may use it.. There are several ways on setting boundary to your bird.. :)

birdstud

Postby birdstud » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:02 am

Irwan Fahmy wrote:Its more into optional method.. If your bird already tame you dont have to.. But if wild, semi tame or just newly adjusting into your surrounding you may use it.. There are several ways on setting boundary to your bird.. :)

Agreed. Kena sabar bro.You will be the best judge.

Return to “African Grey”