breeding of the Pok-say the Black Throat Laughing thrush

Hwa Mei is one of the species that is kept in South East Asia region for their song. This section is dedicated for them.
JasonBirds
Weaning Bird

Re: breeding of the Pok-say the Black Throat Laughing thrush

Postby JasonBirds » Thu May 11, 2017 3:21 am

HI. Thanks for the reply.

My 2 birds would eat most things, even fruit.

I decided to set them free, because they would not tame down at all. They were terrified of my and would hurt themselves by flying wildly about in their cages when I went to feed or clean them out.

It was nice to see how happy they were once out of the cage. I opened the door and they came out in seconds. The male first.. flying into a mango tree and he called his mate out. She flew to him and they both were hopping and flying about in the trees pecking at things.

I have chickens and other birds, and the 2 black throat thrushes come back sometimes to eat the chicken food on the ground. They seem healthy and happy. I even hear them singing some mornings from the trees. I am lucky I live in an area where there are lots of trees and some forest, near the mountain.

I hope they will be happy free and not get caught by someone else in the future.

I now have bought a red whiskered bulbul... which is very friendly, happy and tame. I don't feed sad for him like I did for the thrushes... I think I am too sensitive guy!!!

Tanin
Site Admin

Re: breeding of the Pok-say the Black Throat Laughing thrush

Postby Tanin » Sat May 13, 2017 4:37 am

JasonBirds wrote:HI. Thanks for the reply.

My 2 birds would eat most things, even fruit.

I decided to set them free, because they would not tame down at all. They were terrified of my and would hurt themselves by flying wildly about in their cages when I went to feed or clean them out.

It was nice to see how happy they were once out of the cage. I opened the door and they came out in seconds. The male first.. flying into a mango tree and he called his mate out. She flew to him and they both were hopping and flying about in the trees pecking at things.

I have chickens and other birds, and the 2 black throat thrushes come back sometimes to eat the chicken food on the ground. They seem healthy and happy. I even hear them singing some mornings from the trees. I am lucky I live in an area where there are lots of trees and some forest, near the mountain.

I hope they will be happy free and not get caught by someone else in the future.

I now have bought a red whiskered bulbul... which is very friendly, happy and tame. I don't feed sad for him like I did for the thrushes... I think I am too sensitive guy!!!

Nice... sometimes if you have suitable place... you actually dont need to keep the bird in cage... you can just release them and if food was provided, they will keep coming and stay around your house... and since they are happy, they will sing for you... :bravo :bravo :bravo

just that too bad, not many of us stay in the good environment to release the bird... :lol: :lol:
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

Return to “Hwa Mei”