the beginning of a new affair

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
birdstud

the beginning of a new affair

Postby birdstud » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi guys, I just got myself 3 Mata putehs after I successfully got the green light papers from PERHILITAN. I was very happy to be one of the 25 in Selangor to get the privilege. Because it was like winning a lottery I decided to name them TOTO, MAGNUM and KUDA :lol: :lol: :lol: how imaginative!!!. Going through the tips I got from the forum I when out there and bought myself 3 little cages plus the cute little feed and drink cups for them plus some home blend feeds from Ah Soon. So far it has been very nice to get up to their lovely song and lively antics. As a precondition to getting the licences (KPM23A) I had to bring my new fids to PERHILITAN for tagging. They placed these cute little leg tags on their feet which I notice they will occasionally peck at. There are only 2 officers at PERHILITAN who will tag the birds so pls make an appointment prior to bringing your birds over together with RM75 (exact change) to convert your KPM22A to KPM23A. Let the love affair begin.

canary
Wise Owl

Re: the beginning of a new affair

Postby canary » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:37 am

Hi Bro,

Congratulations to you... :)

Just curious whats the material of the tag ? any name/code/license no. etc printed on the tag ? I was told Shama also required similar tagging :(

birdstud

Postby birdstud » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am

hi, the tag is made of metal I suspect aluminium. Its an open ring design with the tag no. inscribed (it will also be recorded on the licence KPM23a). Problem is with mata puteh the no. is so small you can hardly see without a magnifying glass. I did try to tag a MB before and the bird was so uncomfortable that I had to take it off eventually.

birdstud

Postby birdstud » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 am

I had to remove the tags because the birds were very uncomfortable with it. I tried to gently remove with the aid of my pal Ridzal. Sadly 2 of the guys got injured in the process. The leg doesn't appear broken or swollen but they are obviously in discomfort and not wanting to use the injured foot. Help, what do I do?

inasia 1
Egg

Postby inasia 1 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:02 am

birdstud wrote:I had to remove the tags because the birds were very uncomfortable with it. I tried to gently remove with the aid of my pal Ridzal. Sadly 2 of the guys got injured in the process. The leg doesn't appear broken or swollen but they are obviously in discomfort and not wanting to use the injured foot. Help, what do I do?

Hi Birdstud,

It been months since you had this ordeal, so what the outcome, are your birds singing healthily, by now they should, are they still wearing tags on their feet?

My question is when you are outside with your birds, if the birds do not have tags , is that illegal?

Cheers

inasia

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”