Greetings from Saigon Vietnam

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
oranggila
Egg

Greetings from Saigon Vietnam

Postby oranggila » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:41 am

Hello to all Mata Puteh Lovers,

Keeping Mata Puteh is popular in Vietnam, especially in the Northern region. We have 2 main species in Vietnam, a southern and a northern species. The southern species is more yellowish than the northern one, and the song is not as good but would chai faster. Some of these birds when chai can fap their wings, open their tails and some have magpie robin sound. Anyway, I just want to use this forum to make accquaintances with other mata puteh lovers. I have around 70 mata puteh although I am only 1 year young living in this country. I do hope, when you are in Saigon would look me up to share mata puteh experience.

Cheers..

kiss1190
Hatchling

Re: Greetings from Saigon Vietnam

Postby kiss1190 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:09 am

hi bro,
So r u working in saigon or duing business there... 70 is a huge number of mata puteh , so you should be very good in keeping them , would you share some tips on rearing them , how to make them buka vietnam style and what do you do when they are changing feathers , i have 1 japanese mata puteh now that is changing feather .. any advise ...

dance4rain
The Great Eagle

Postby dance4rain » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 am

Wellcome oranggila to the forum.... :D

whassan1
The Great Eagle

Postby whassan1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:37 am

yes yes, welcome oranggila :D
May you feel the wind under your wings

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”