Hand feeding Puteh baby

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
nighthawk
Baby Bird

Hand feeding Puteh baby

Postby nighthawk » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 pm

hi guys, anyone try hand feeding puteh and would like to share your experience. As this little fellow was found at the drain and was totally soaked due to heavy downpour today. I confirmed it was a puteh as i saw the parent's bird trying to feed it despite the poor condition. i couldn't find the nest as i thought of putting it back.
Atm, i am taking care of him afraid that it might snap up by the stray cats near by. Anyone like to advise the feeding routine per day.

I've kept puteh before but not hand raising like this one. Currently I've fed it with meal worms dip with fine grind puteh pellet food and it happily taken with no problem. Just taken some photos and share with u guys.

ImageImage

Regards
Desmond

nighthawk
Baby Bird

Re: Hand feeding Puteh baby

Postby nighthawk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 pm

DAY 3

Hi, some update with my baby puteh, its been 3 days with me, surprisingly its survival instinct was strong and i noticed the feathers were growing and i certainly hope to see it fully grown. I've been constantly feeding it with meal worms and powder form puteh food ( golden cup ) paste with mixture of water,smashed apple, vita-sol and wheat germ oil ( my own recipe). Hopefully it provides enough vitamins to grow??

ImageImageImageImageImage

Regards
Desmond
Ex-birdie = 2 x shama, 4 x MJs , 6 x putehs , 1 x orange headed thrush, 1 x orpek Kia
Currently = 1 x grey finch, 2 x yellow eye finch, 1 x green singer

nighthawk
Baby Bird

Postby nighthawk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:57 am

DAY 7

some update of my puteh sunbathing.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ex-birdie = 2 x shama, 4 x MJs , 6 x putehs , 1 x orange headed thrush, 1 x orpek Kia

optimus
Wise Owl

Postby optimus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:02 am

good job & well done bro .... wish i can do that ..
razwansahri @ Wan

nighthawk
Baby Bird

Postby nighthawk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:56 am

optimus wrote:good job & well done bro .... wish i can do that ..

Hi Bro, thanks for your kind words, i'm trying to figure out whether its a male or female by appearance, perhaps got to wait until it calls "tiong aw". Anyway i've been undecisive whether should i keep it if time permits or else i'll let it free in the later stage. More photos will upload later. Thanks for watching.

birdmans1
Talking Birds

Postby birdmans1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Well done bro, Nice. Thanks

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”