Training Mata Puteh

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
wrx9817
Weaning Bird

Training Mata Puteh

Postby wrx9817 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:45 am

Hello to all sifus,

Im Mike from Singapore. I wanna know how to train mata puteh for competition? I have a few potential birds, some already buka 10 over sound. I wanna put them for competition. How do I train them besides bringing them for weekly chai. Is honey good for the bird? Some say honey cool the bird down, but I thought honey suppose to be heaty? Bird with salut voice good or no good? Thanks

mr. pete

Re: Training Mata Puteh

Postby mr. pete » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:01 am

wrx9817 wrote:Hello to all sifus,

Im Mike from Singapore. ... Bird with salut voice good or no good? Thanks

Hi Mike,
If you mean "silut", there's more info here.

With regard to honey, I do not find that it adds any positive value to the bird's performance; perhaps others may feel differently.

Best regards,
Peter

wrx9817
Weaning Bird

Postby wrx9817 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks for the reply, mr pete. Anyone in JB keeps Mata Puteh, MJ , HM or Shama? Im looking for these birds to be bring into Singapore for myself as pet.

stanleyseah999
Hatchling

Postby stanleyseah999 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:48 pm

bro its pretty dangerous to bring in these birds to sg from jb.

if detected by customs its really gonna give you a big headache. sometimes even when i'm tempted to bring in birds from sg, i don't dare to. not to mention bringing in birds from jb to sg, which would be even harder at the checkpoint.

however, if you decide to do so, give me a holler, i'd be glad to bring you around.

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”