Zosterops Palpebrosus Montanus

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
didikristiawan
Hatchling

Zosterops Palpebrosus Montanus

Postby didikristiawan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 am

I keep several types of mataputeh Z. buxtoni P & Z. flavus / Javan white-eyes, Z.p. melanurus, Z.p. unicus but the first two types have a very good singing than the type of ZP melanurus & Z.p. unicus. They have a varied range of chirping like "Anis Kembang" (Zoothera interpres).

then I just get a Z. Montanus, small body (11 cm). The body parts of olive green. Belly whitish or gray. Brown side. Yellow throat. Upside-down yellow. Clear white eye circles. There is no yellow on the belly. Iris white, black beak, black legs.

and I do not get the reference of this type, whether to have the same character with the chirping of Zp Auriventer or the several type. What you have information about it in Malaysia?

maybe we can share information ... thanks
Attachments
mountain-white-eye-3903.jpg
Montanus White-eye / Zosterops Palpebrosus Montanus
mountain-white-eye-3903.jpg (61.11 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
"let's make a bird singing up to heaven"

I-Need-Pied-Bushchat
Weaning Bird

Re: Zosterops Palpebrosus Montanus

Postby I-Need-Pied-Bushchat » Sun May 29, 2011 3:45 pm

it looks very beautiful, does is sing well?
Anybody who have the bird Pied Bushchat\Hill Blue-Flycatcher \Orange-headed Thrush please don't hesitate to PM(contact me by YM: piedbushcat@yahoo.com or MSN: imtlv@hotmail.com) me. TKS!

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”