New Thailand Mata Puteh.

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
kklim
Talking Birds

Re: New Thailand Mata Puteh.

Postby kklim » Sun May 31, 2009 7:15 am

Read elsewhere that there's a bird market near Wat Saket temple. It's near some monument or museum near the temple. There's also a pet section in the big wet market opposite Chatuckak. Not the main road with the monorial, the one perpendicular to it. It was being built when I was last there two or three years ago. Went to jalan-jalan there and there were half-completed shops selling jambul and sharma.

putehboy
Hatchling

Postby putehboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 am

which part of hatyai can find a birdshop trying to get a thailand jumbul bk in sg , thks anyone knows

inasia
A Flying Bird

Postby inasia » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:43 am

putehboy wrote:which part of hatyai can find a birdshop trying to get a thailand jumbul bk in sg , thks anyone knows

Hi Putehboy,

I have recently got myself two putehs, it already been a month or so, they are from the border town of Pattani between Malaysia and Thailand, i would love to insert some images of them, but not now as they still not so calm, i must say they got loud mid tone songs and when they chip it is short and sharp and loud. Waiting patiently to hear them sing their loud songs ( Buka ). For now i am following the right sensible rountine for my birds, sufficient clean food and water, bathing regularly, sunshine them in the morning and evening, and a varieties of fruits on the daily basis.

If you still keen on having Thailand Mata Putehs from Thailand, i can ask for the contact for you, cause i had my birds from a Thailand friend.

Cheers

inasia

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”