New Thailand Mata Puteh.

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
inasia
A Flying Bird

New Thailand Mata Puteh.

Postby inasia » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:30 am

Hi,

Good day sometime ago my new mata puteh was posted here but somehow due to some error in data base, it was wipe out, one photo show his first few days the other into his second month, but still no buka.

He is taking Ah Har singapore mata puteh food, does takes to apple and oranges, grasshoppers too.

Loves to take baths, evening hours after five. The sub songs is in plentiful.

Healthy and active, a little shy but i can say he is tame when handle gently moving from place to place, no reckless flying about.

Does anyone have any experience with Thailand puteh, i always read about malaysian's.

Thank you for sharing

cheers

inasia

inasia
A Flying Bird

Re: New Thailand Mata Puteh.

Postby inasia » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 am

Hi,

Can someone enlighten me on the species of mata puteh from Thailand..............please.

good or bad any news is better than no news...

cheers, have a good day

inasia

lancelot
Flying Bird

Postby lancelot » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Hi Inasia,
The photos of your mata puteh is really excellent.I especially love the first photo of such an elegent looking puteh in very fine form.But to your enquiry about your "puteh" which you acquired in Thailand.Oriental white eye(zosterops palpebrosus) and Everett's white eye(z.everitti)are both found in Thailand,though the second species are more commonly found in Northern Thailand, whereas oriental white eyes are found in a wider range from India to China as well as right down to Singapore.Also as I do understand the Everitti specie tends to cling more to the higher altitudes whereas the palpebrosus species are frequently found at lower levels even at mangrove swamps.Most of the species kept widely are the oriental white eyes species, though occassionally everitti can be found in pet shops.People will keep all sorts of birds these days and to a begginner in the hobby,any white eye species will do as long as it sings and looks good in a cage.However, in my opinion all white eyes are good looking birds with their fine melody and the color variations are the only thing that tells them apart or where they come from.
PS.Go on to Google and type in (Zosterops species) and it will show you all the different species of "mata putehs" found across the globe.
Have a good day.

inasia
A Flying Bird

Postby inasia » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:47 am

lancelot wrote:Hi Inasia,
The photos of your mata puteh is really excellent.I especially love the first photo of such an elegent looking puteh in very fine form.But to your enquiry about your "puteh" which you acquired in Thailand.Oriental white eye(zosterops palpebrosus) and Everett's white eye(z.everitti)are both found in Thailand,though the second species are more commonly found in Northern Thailand, whereas oriental white eyes are found in a wider range from India to China as well as right down to Singapore.Also as I do understand the Everitti specie tends to cling more to the higher altitudes whereas the palpebrosus species are frequently found at lower levels even at mangrove swamps.Most of the species kept widely are the oriental white eyes species, though occassionally everitti can be found in pet shops.People will keep all sorts of birds these days and to a begginner in the hobby,any white eye species will do as long as it sings and looks good in a cage.However, in my opinion all white eyes are good looking birds with their fine melody and the color variations are the only thing that tells them apart or where they come from.
PS.Go on to Google and type in (Zosterops species) and it will show you all the different species of "mata putehs" found across the globe.
Have a good day.

Hi Lancelot,

Good day, thank you for your kind response to my queries, yes indeed i will search for more information on top of what you have given me, my puteh is caught down south of Thailand province of Natkorn si Tammarath. highland or around the swamps i have no idea.

Thank you for the compliment of my thailand puteh. yes ain't they so adorable and elegant looking, the colours melts my heart.

have a good day, and thank you again

cheers

inasia

kcongxi
Egg

Postby kcongxi » Sat May 30, 2009 6:39 am

Hi, I am staying in Bangkok now and I have problems buying mata puteh. I have been to Chatujak weekend markets many times, and I couldn't find a single one. Most of the birds are either jambuls, merboks or parrots. Can anyone please tell me where are they selling mata putehs?
okc

inasia
A Flying Bird

Postby inasia » Sat May 30, 2009 8:40 am

kcongxi wrote:Hi, I am staying in Bangkok now and I have problems buying mata puteh. I have been to Chatujak weekend markets many times, and I couldn't find a single one. Most of the birds are either jambuls, merboks or parrots. Can anyone please tell me where are they selling mata putehs?

Hi Kcongxi,

Good day, 555555555555555555555555555 you not the only one having this problem, i myself have to wait for ages (months before i can pick out one ) i am now on the waiting mode ...........

If you have the time and the means, the one place where there is a good many is you have to go down south to as far as Nakon Si thamarat or even as far as Hatyai, and if your thirst is not quench go to the border town close to Malaysia ---like Danok, Padang Besar, Sadao.etc. these places are the place that will surely answer your dream......

Cheers

inasia

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”