Wild Puteh

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
cstan005
Wise Owl

Re: Wild Puteh

Postby cstan005 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:51 am

Now i got 4 shama and 2 magpie. Planning to bring one of my magpie to this 7th Sept competition in Penang (my first time in competition if everything goes well). Maybe i can meet your there. Are u coming?
SYAHRUL
GEORGETOWN , PENANG

hi paichunglang,
Sorry -lah Bro, on late reply. just back from Penang yesterday. how was yr magpie doing??? :!: For frankie, his Sharma got No: 6 placing even on 1st time attend. Good on him. hope u have good new.....
Happy rearing
cstan

paichunlang
Flying Bird

Postby paichunlang » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi cstan,
My magpie didn't do so well, as expected :D . Just join for the fun of it. By the way that was it first time in a competiton maybe it will do better in the next one.
SYAHRUL
GEORGETOWN , PENANG

cstan005
Wise Owl

Postby cstan005 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:56 am

paichunlang wrote:Hi cstan,
My magpie didn't do so well, as expected :D . Just join for the fun of it. By the way that was it first time in a competiton maybe it will do better in the next one.

Hi paichunglang,
Aiya... overlap liow from Mata Puteh forum zooommm into magpie.. heee. Well need more involved in comp. More Pratice make it perfect. Did u able to contact Frankie.. at the comp arena??? This week another comp at 21/9/08. R u joinning ???. For me .... Haaaa.. kena belanja besar... kenduri at Batu Pahat.. :twisted:
happy Rearing
cstan :evil:

paichunlang
Flying Bird

Postby paichunlang » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi cstan,
This 21 Sept 2008 competition, i'll bring the same bird. About the previous competiton i didn't see Frankie. Bz watching my bird :D and towards the end of the competiton i had a visit from my friend and ask me to bring him to several birdshop in penang area. So i didn't stay to see the prizes being awarded. We're planning to go and look for mata puteh after Hari Raya i heard that now is a good time to go because a lot of young mata puteh just leaves their nest. Wish me luck. :D
SYAHRUL
GEORGETOWN , PENANG

cstan005
Wise Owl

Postby cstan005 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:16 am

paichunlang wrote:Hi cstan,
This 21 Sept 2008 competition, i'll bring the same bird. About the previous competiton i didn't see Frankie. Bz watching my bird :D and towards the end of the competiton i had a visit from my friend and ask me to bring him to several birdshop in penang area. So i didn't stay to see the prizes being awarded. We're planning to go and look for mata puteh after Hari Raya i heard that now is a good time to go because a lot of young mata puteh just leaves their nest. Wish me luck. :D

Hi frd,
How as the comp in Penang??? Any news..????
Ya ..u r right.. now most of the Mata puteh wild caught is "young guys ". Slightly wild and slightly difficult to tame, at least 12 months b4 u can able to haer the loud tune ( some of them ). Hey... in Penang, i only visit one shop ( heading to Tanjung Bungah). Various types of birds at ( Toby/ Tobi .. shop in Penang ) and another is at Air Itam... :o Well, haven't been there yet..
Hey.. perhaps can meet u after "Raya", can borak- borak- mah PM me lah
Happy Rearing
cstan

stanleyseah999
Hatchling

Postby stanleyseah999 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:08 pm

i've got one puteh that's somersaulting as well.

guess its confined space that leads to a puteh somersaulting, maybe its like out of boredom to them, then eventually become a habit.

still in the process of trying to 'cure' the somersaulting, the rest of the putehs don't do it, and the one puteh that does it is more afraid of humans, and has the 'aw tao' habit ever since i brought it home 6 months ago. i was kinda 'forced' to bring this puteh home, didn't want it in the 1st place due to the 'aw tao' habit when i 1st saw it. then again, maybe somersaulting is something that leads from 'aw tao', not too sure yet.

the puteh started somersaulting for about 1 week now, not too proficient in it now. personally, i'm trying out putting 2 perches, one of top of the other, so that it will find difficulty landing when performing a somersault. will update here if it works!

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”