How to train my puteh to peform at bird arena??

I observe that many people like to keep this small bird for their beautiful song. Zosterops (Zosterops Palpebrosa) is normally called 'Mata Puteh" (white eye) in this region.
castrol
Hatchling

Re: How to train my puteh to peform at bird arena??

Postby castrol » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:18 pm

did u daily bath both of them?
was junior been like that since u got him?
or was it now then it became like that?
at times the feathers are in bad shape, a next molting would help the puteh to shed the old feathers out, new ones will grow out, so it will be nice again.
baby puteh at times do have this problem, nothing much to worry about.
when every puteh molt, it will become nicer each time after they molt finish.

inasia
A Flying Bird

Postby inasia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:51 am

castrol wrote:did u daily bath both of them?
at times the feathers are in bad shape, a next molting would help the puteh to shed the old feathers out, new ones will grow out, so it will be nice again.

Good morning Castrol,

Thank you for the valueable information, yes indeed i do bath them the two birds daily that for sure. On alternate days one of them will get a morning and afternoon , cause on alternate day i will take one bird to the office with me. When i get home in the evening the two birds will bath again, thus the one bird that was left at home will get his daily bath while did other will get his third bath of the day. These birds rotate daily to get to the office.

Maybe Junior is a young bird, but sometimes he does look fine all feathers tuck in, unlike the other Handsome he is on the daily basis slim look. Maybe i thought it could be because of the weather that causes this result. For the past month here in Samui the weather been exceptionaly cold.

Thank you again for the information.

cheers

inasia

castrol
Hatchling

Postby castrol » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:29 pm

some mata puteh have Thin Feathers, resulting that they normally look slimmer then other puteh.

while some have thicker feathers, resulting that they normally look fatter then other puteh.

but once the feathers all tuck in and the puteh look energetic, that is when the puteh start to buka.

hope everything is doing well for u and your birds

inasia
A Flying Bird

Postby inasia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:35 am

castrol wrote:did u daily bath both of them?

Hi Castrol.

Good morning, yes both of my little putehs gets good baths daily and on alternate days they get at least twice, cause each day when i leave for the office i will take a bird with me, upon reaching the office while i sip my coffee i will let the bird enjoy that morning shower bath untill he is fully satisfy and then left to dry in the morning sunlight, sometimes after lunch or before lunch i do that again, that already twice a day, When i get back home in the evening, both the birds will have a good bath, for the bird that went to the office he would have the third bath of the day, but the bird that was left at home would be his one and only bath of the day, but then he will be going to the office tomorrow and this bird will get just like the other that went to the office yesterday. So my point is the birds does have a good amount of baths, i think.

What do you think?

Junior was not like that when i first got him, he had the same slim look like Handsome when i got them both, both looking alike. Then that incident trigger it all, Junior was attacked and shocked and lost a large amount of feathers during that crisis. After time all his feathers have grown back in place, then now he is always having this feathers over his wings instead of stucking beneath his wings like before.

The good news is he is begining to get back his loud sharp chip. sometimes ears piercing pitch, i am glad he is on the road to recover from that bird attack ordeal.

Even though both of them have not begun their buka routine, i am utterly contented to their chips, and the visual of delightful composure.

Thanks Castrol for the help and information.

cheers

inasia

inasia
A Flying Bird

Postby inasia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:53 am

castrol wrote:some mata puteh have Thin Feathers, resulting that they normally look slimmer then other puteh.

while some have thicker feathers, resulting that they normally look fatter then other puteh.

but once the feathers all tuck in and the puteh look energetic, that is when the puteh start to buka.

hope everything is doing well for u and your birds

Hi Castrol,

That my ardent wish to see them buka, indeed they are looking and is energetic within the surroundings ever active, soft songs, loud chips, one two or three in succession but did not get as far as a buka.

When i first got them for about a month, Handsome one morning when we in the office i hanged him out onto the balcony, he did a string of three burst of buka, one six shots of loud chip together follow by a seven shots and another six shots all in all three sets one after the other. That was a glimpse of the future, after that it been six months already i have yet to hear any of that.

Whatever it is, i am utterly contented that they are males and they look healthy and happy, and now they are quite very accustomed to me, not like the begining a bit of crazy prouncing around. Tame is the word.

Lots of soft songs when we are in the car, sometimes carrying them cover in the cage they are chipping away, all this and more makes me happy, most of all the visual of the birds in their splendour. I am sure a day will come when they blossom and that buka comes onto the stage, meantime i can hardly call this patience being tested, because i have so much to be pleased instead of frustration.

Have a good day.

cheers

inasia

nighthawk
Baby Bird

Postby nighthawk » Thu May 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi All,

I find this link interesting, hope it benefit.
http://sgmataputeh.blogspot.sg/p/puteh-care.html
Ex-birdie = 2 x shama, 4 x MJs , 6 x putehs , 1 x orange headed thrush, 1 x orpek Kia
Currently = 1 x grey finch, 2 x yellow eye finch, 1 x green singer

Return to “Zosterops / Mata Puteh”