My Conure Issue

some one the 'small' species which get lots of attention from many parrot lover. Discuss about the coure here.
hangnuqman
Egg

My Conure Issue

Postby hangnuqman » Sat May 25, 2013 3:01 am

I've been into bird 'business' started this year with my pair of lovebird. Introduced by 1 of my retailers, I've fall in love with Sun Conure coz of its behaviours, attitude and intelligent and not forgetting I considered this bird as an entry level of parrot plus its reasonable price to own it.
Bought from a person from Terengganu, travel by bus to Alor Setar (1 1/2mths old). Thanks god, he is in good condition when reached me at 4.30a.m. in the morning. Now Weekie is nearly 4 mths old and he's so active, good flyer, intelligent and very tame. The issue that I have now are:
1) Weekie love to poop everywhere
2) And he does not love to stay in his cage during his day time except nite.
Further more, I've tried to tied his leg but pity him. Did it sometime when me &
my wife have to do some housework while the main door is opened. And he love trying to
fly outside. Flew twice but luckily manage to call him back.
Need some advise from the conure lovers on my second issue. Does not love to stay in cage... Hope we could share your experience... :newhere:

inigo
Egg

Re: My Conure Issue

Postby inigo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:33 pm

you have to watch your bird more often and notice when its about to poop, then take him to the spot where you want him to poop, once he goes poopie, say pangsai or poopie to associate the word,action and place. Also praise the fella when he goes,

Conures will want to be around you during the day and will want to sleep at night in the cage, cant be helped, cause birds spend 60 percent of their time looking for food, so staying in a cage during the day is like being in jail..

Rizu
Flying Bird

Re: My Conure Issue

Postby Rizu » Thu May 14, 2015 11:35 am

I think you should wings clip the bird to avoid the bird from fly away outside the house. Plus wings clipped bird make them easier to train. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the world.

Return to “Conure”