Help: A baby spotted dove @ balcony

Discuss about spotted dove and dove issue here
wilsontie82
Talking Birds

Help: A baby spotted dove @ balcony

Postby wilsontie82 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm

I found it in balcony just now. It has its full pulmage already but not yet able to fly.
Dont know its fully weaned or not?
now the question is, do i keep it as one of my pet? (this little dove can stand on my finger)
or i just feed it until it can fly away?
and i want to ask: usually whats the purpuse of keeping this spotted dove? for its singing ability? or other else?

jessejames
Wise Owl

Re: Help: A baby spotted dove @ balcony

Postby jessejames » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:28 am

wilsontie82 wrote:I found it in balcony just now. It has its full pulmage already but not yet able to fly.
Dont know its fully weaned or not?
now the question is, do i keep it as one of my pet? (this little dove can stand on my finger)
or i just feed it until it can fly away?
and i want to ask: usually whats the purpuse of keeping this spotted dove? for its singing ability? or other else?

WILSON,since the bird is already in your hannd(most likely it will die if you abandon it)might as well feed the fella till he can fly and join his friends in the wild.Spotted dove in general is kept for its sound,but if you dnt play with such bird,let it go when you feel that its matured enough to fend for itself.
Regards,
jessejames.

wilsontie82
Talking Birds

Re: Help: A baby spotted dove @ balcony

Postby wilsontie82 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:38 am

morning just now, i found out that its able to fly already....so i just left it in balcony.
then when i back just now, it is gone...bon voyage!

Return to “Spotted Dove”