need help to cmment on the new bird

Discuss about spotted dove and dove issue here
hooi
Hatchling

need help to cmment on the new bird

Postby hooi » Wed May 06, 2009 4:50 am

Hi,

I've bought a spotted dove as per below link. Pls help to comment for this bird. Thanks.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq19_0yA

regards
hooi

drunkdriver38
Flying Bird

Re: need help to cmment on the new bird

Postby drunkdriver38 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:51 pm

hooi wrote:
Hi,

I've bought a spotted dove as per below link. Pls help to comment for this bird. Thanks.

hi hooi,
welcome to the forum!
Thats a nice looking bird you've got,guess u must in malaysia right?
how does the bird sound like?loud?
looks like a fighter to me :D
cheers,
drunkdriver38
Attachments
newly bought.jpg
hooi's terkukur
newly bought.jpg (128.83 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
A discussion is an exchange of ideas ,an argument is an exchange of ignorance..
It's nice to be important but it is also important to be nice..

hooi
Hatchling

Postby hooi » Thu May 07, 2009 12:31 am

Hi Drunkdriver38,

Yes, i'm staying in Penang. This bird is bought from someone who staying in Penang too. The sound is loud and it's a lot of isi (malay word). This bird just started sing very frequent now.. have a very huge body size compared with others.. Actually I've bought 8 terkukur from my fren in Penang.. Do you have any idea how much a spotted dove in Singapore in bird shop? I get a info that most of the bird in Singapore is very good to be as pikat.. Do you agree? Do you have any good photo to be share? Thanks.

Regards
Hooi

hooi
Hatchling

Postby hooi » Thu May 07, 2009 5:58 am

Hi Drunkdriver,

Yes, i'm staying in Penang. This bird i bought in Penang too. The sound is loud, guk 1. The body is big compared to others. Any different between Malaysia and Singapore bird? Heard from fren said most of Singapore bird are very good. Unfortunately can't bring them out from Singapore.. Any photo to share?

Best regards
Hooi

drunkdriver38
Flying Bird

Postby drunkdriver38 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:11 pm

hooi wrote;
Hi Drunkdriver,

Yes, i'm staying in Penang. This bird i bought in Penang too. The sound is loud, guk 1. The body is big compared to others. Any different between Malaysia and Singapore bird? Heard from fren said most of Singapore bird are very good. Unfortunately can't bring them out from Singapore.. Any photo to share?

Best regards
Hooi

hi hooi,
i don't think there are any differences in the birds lah cos the ancestors of the kukus here maybe flew here from malaysia ,who knows? :lol: :lol: :lol:

From my experience ,maybe the birds caught in our housing estate(concrete forest) tends to be easily tamed down compared to those i caught in the woods.at least they dont fly like crazy when approached by human when on layang .but i guess it also depends on the guts of the birds too.

i also heard that kukus from m'sia is more garang and would love to beg ,steal or borrow one :mrgreen:
but the most important is that we tell ourselves that our bird is the best and take good care of them.
i will try to upload some of my terkukur photos to share asap.

cheers
dd38
PS:bring out birds is easier then bringing in ..
the price for a kuku in the bird shop are from S$20-$40,which are usually rejects or young birds from kuku catchers.but those bred vocal spotted doves are from S$150 up,from what i know.
A discussion is an exchange of ideas ,an argument is an exchange of ignorance..
It's nice to be important but it is also important to be nice..

hooi
Hatchling

Postby hooi » Fri May 08, 2009 12:18 am

Hi Drunkdriver,

Huh, the big cage bird price seems expensive compared in Malaysia. RM10 per bird. But depend on your experince and luck to choose in the big cage, sometime you will get a very good vocal.. i will snap more photo to share...

Regards
Hooi

Return to “Spotted Dove”