How to trim spotted dove's beak?

Discuss about spotted dove and dove issue here
drunkdriver38
Flying Bird

How to trim spotted dove's beak?

Postby drunkdriver38 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:14 am

Greetings to everyone!
My name is ken and im new to this forum .
i would like to ask if anyone could help on how to trim terkukur's beak?
my fren bought one from a shop last week with its beak overgrown by 1 cm both top and bottom part of the beak..
we badly wanted to trim it with nail clipper but wonder if we could hurt the bird instead..
we asked around but nobody was so sure ..some said burn with a hot iron etc.
i hope someone could help here in this forum.

THanks alot and have a nice day!

Cheers,

ken
A discussion is an exchange of ideas ,an argument is an exchange of ignorance..
It's nice to be important but it is also important to be nice..

dance4rain
The Great Eagle

Re: How to trim spotted dove's beak?

Postby dance4rain » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Ken,
I got no experience trimming a Spotted Dove's beak but I do have one merbok with the same problem.
Some say its some deficiency in its diet, but I think it could be genetic too.

OK, long story short, I use the nail clipper but trim slowly. At first try clipping a bit at a time. Too deep it may bleed. But no worry, it won't die which is why I prefer to cut little by little. At least when I make a mistake, the cut isn't too deep and quickly heals. Thus far my Merbok only bled once. Then I know where is the threshold. But the hassle is its really like finger nails and they grow as quickly :shock:
Strength lies in differences, not similarities

drunkdriver38
Flying Bird

Postby drunkdriver38 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:38 am

Thanks alot!
i did it with a nail clippern it works..
no blood no struggling i guess it wasnt painful at all.
now its able to eat normally.
thanks again dance4rain :D
cheers,

ken

jessejames
Wise Owl

Postby jessejames » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:56 pm

drunkdriver38 wrote:Thanks alot!
i did it with a nail clippern it works..
no blood no struggling i guess it wasnt painful at all.
now its able to eat normally.
thanks again dance4rain :D
cheers,

ken

Dear ken,we need more people like you or your frieds to post in this topik,otherwise this topik will be dead in no time,we tried to get it going cos we knew alot of kukur kaki who are not comfortable in posting in bahasa,but so far only you came in,even that is because you happens to be drunk..kah..kah,get your friends to post.thank you.
ps.dont drive if you drink and dont drink if you are driving,you may end up in a topik which you do not intend to go..kah..kah.
Regards,
jessejames.

drunkdriver38
Flying Bird

Postby drunkdriver38 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 am

Dear jessejames,

Thanks for the warm invitation, i was introduced to terkuku only abt few mths ago by sm frens.
The small cluster of kuku kakis i knew are either never use the internet or cant read much english,anyway i try my best to post more topics or questions.
Over here the area i stay there are quite a number of uncles which are in this "sport" for many years which usually 'low profile' cos as you know its illegal here.Recently heard the fine is raised to$ 1k SGD.. :cry:

i used to play jumbul and mata putehs before being introduced to merbok then terkuku.my team of 14 putehs is now reduced to 3 only.
Gave up on jumbul after one was stolen and 2 others decided to fly away to pursue their dreams..
An uncle once told me if one is attracted to terkuku he would gave up other birds,i laughed at the silly idea and the next thing i know im busy reading up all the info on this website :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here we or i use pikat and racik to catch kuku...

i wonder if we could name it SPORT KUKU (spotted dove) like in sport fishing?as some uncles really catch and let go after marking it..just for the thrill of it.The slapping sound of the fight is what really attracted me to this sport..
Your thoughts please... :D

ps. i had this name for my hotmail to cos i used to work as a valet in a nightclubs driving the drunks home..but really sometimes i wish i could afford to be drunk like them hehe

cheers,

ken

jessejames
Wise Owl

Postby jessejames » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:29 am

hey Ken,i thought catching bird wheter racik ,jebak or gum is illegal in s'pore?is it true?i always advised my friends who wants to play kukur;dnt trap with racik you will be addicted like drugs,jebak not so but they never believed me and i know a few who are really hooked.Anyway nice knowing you,take care.
Regards,
jessejames.

Return to “Spotted Dove”