Diamond Dove

This section is dedicated to those beautiful, small, delicate diamond doves.

Moderator: Moderator

ospe03
Wise Owl

Postby ospe03 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:38 am

ooo I didn't know that.. the ones at Rantau Panjang one of them is an albino diamond.. not a pure snow white. The other are just pied ones. I didn't buy them cause i thought it was too expensive.. next time I will definitely grab those birds

mann_kl
Wise Owl

Postby mann_kl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 pm

to get more colour verities of diamond doves, actually u can mixed mate them, but it will take genaration to genaration. the express way is to buy the ready colour and mixed mate them with what we have right now.
to mixed mate them we have to keep them in the same cage with only a pair.
one thing you have to know is only the young female can regularly produce eggs, some shop selling old doves.

how to diffrentiate their sexes??
Eye rings - Males at least four to six months old may have an orange eye ring that is 2 to 3 mm in thickness. Female almost always have an eye ring of about 1 mm to 2 mm in thickness. However there are exceptions.

Physical Size - If you see male and female birds together, males over six months in age will probably be larger than the female. Males and females of less than six month in age will be about the same size. This trait is only useful if you know you have a male and female. If you have two birds of the same sex, one can easily be larger than the other, but that will not indicate that the larger one is a male and the smaller is a female.

Bow coos - Males will do bow coos, the mating display where the bird repeatedly touches his beak to the ground, fans his tail, and coos as early six weeks of age. Females will almost never will do a bow-coo unless they have been kept in the company of females without any males for a long period of time.

Pakme
Species Expert - Ketitir
Species Expert - Ketitir

Postby Pakme » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Gentlemen,
Looks like Diamond Dove is getting well discussed. I am going to put a topic 'Diamond Dove' and will move all contents of this topic to the new topic. Hope you all will move over there too in your discussions and news on Diamond Dove. Afterall, this current topic is personal in nature.

You may carry on making your post here, in the mean time.

Another thing, this topic is meant to be discussed in English. So, as best as you can, please do so.

Thank you all bros.

Best of regards.
Last edited by Pakme on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.facebook.com/rajakota2

mann_kl
Wise Owl

Postby mann_kl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:17 pm

thanks pakme :D

Pakme
Species Expert - Ketitir
Species Expert - Ketitir

Postby Pakme » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 pm

Gentlemen,
I am now in the process of streamlining the topics in this Dove Section.
With regards to this topic I am putting up a new topic, "The Spotted Dove" and will move all its content to the new topic.

Juat as the topic put up by mann_kl re 'my diamond dove lay an egg' is personal in nature. Let's make it universal.

Hope you all nice people bear with me.

Thanks.
http://www.facebook.com/rajakota2

ospe03
Wise Owl

Postby ospe03 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:51 pm

I know diamond dove is an aviary bird..... that's the reason i bought the bird in the first place... but it turn out my budgerigar are not tolerant to diamonds and now I can't mix them in any of the the common aviary..

For the moment I keep them in a small cage 3"x2"X2". Do you think that big enough for them to breed. I got 3 such cages just in case things like these happen.

There is another aviary that I think i wanna put them in.. but it has to wait a while.. just until all the baby budgies fledge.

Return to “Diamond Dove”