Newly Arrived Indian Ring Neck

Indian ringneck... the green guy... smart and handsome parakeet...
ally
Weaning Bird

Re: Newly Arrived Indian Ring Neck

Postby ally » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Irwan Fahmy wrote:
ally wrote:Hi Mr last men standing. Thank you for ur reply. Could u plz tell me the technics on how to restrict them for doing some?

Hahahaha! Suits me well heheheheh! Actually they are no specific techniques on restraining them inside the house.. The best way you can do is PLEASE stay and monitor them and make sure your bird will be released only with your presence.. They are intelligent creature, even all things such as electrical wires and insecticides would be a fun thing to them.. They are very curious and will nib everything that looks interest to them... Once you are not around, please put them inside the cage.. Simple solution.. :wink:

Hi irwan,
Thanx for the advise. Peeper is now flying ever and shitting every place. I tried searching for how to control parrot from pooping around and got the answer of watching them all the time and nab them when they want to poop and bring them where to poop and praise them. It seem very diffcult to do that because most of the time peeper is at higher place. Anyway of workaround for this from ur experience?

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 am

The solution is simple.. You have to do the "Potty Training"..
Try to look at this.. Its simple and easy to follow..

http://www.birdsnways.com/wisdom/ww71eii.htm

Good Luck! :wink:

ally
Weaning Bird

Postby ally » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi,

i got a problem here. Peeper is noisy in the morning and evening but whenever i pick him up and tell him hello, how r u or teach him any words.. he is just like dumb and doesnt make any sound .. why do he do like that .. any ideas .. he just make noisy whenever he like but not when teach him .. what should i do .. can anybody guide.? thanx in advance..

ally
Weaning Bird

Postby ally » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi,
I got another problem. I went and pickup few bamboo stick from nearby bamboo tree. Peeper is getting freak out seeing the bamboo stick. How should I overcome this problem. He is also getting freak out seeing key chain and many other stuff. What's the solution.

ally
Weaning Bird

Postby ally » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:20 am

hi ..

i just dont understand why sometimes parrot get excited by themselves and make all kind of noise .. is that their nature in that way or what.. anybody could help answering..

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:55 am

Hi Ally, Sorry for the late reply..
Actually its a normal behaviour of a parakeet.. Seems like your IRN now is not only pet to you but more into companion.. This is the most important stage of them.. The LEarning stage.. Most of them would always have a little bit of unsecure feelings whenever you are there to monitor them.. Or for some case they just make the noise just for the sake of gaining your attention.. Basically, they dont have the confidence yet due to the age factor.. Most of them if under 1 year old will have this kind of behaviour..

Please dont misinterpret on the "dumb" look.. They actually in the process of gaining the new things.. Although they may be silent during that time but bear in mind that they are inserting all the data inside their memory..

On the freaking incident, they are some things that spook them much.. Even my Cockatoo until now cannot see brush or rubber bend.. Spooky to him :lol: The only way you can do is by placing those things outside of the cage, where it is visible to him... They will get used to it in a matter of time.. Please do not have this thing while training because it will make this worse..

Parrot Training and needs commitment from the owner.. Patience is the keyword here.. :wink:

Return to “Ring neck Parakeet”