introducing my ringneck

Indian ringneck... the green guy... smart and handsome parakeet...
Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Re: introducing my ringneck

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:52 am

Its like Razwi said before.. More into bluffing stage before they becomes calmer by age.. Just temporary period only.. Training and socializing must never be neglect during this induction stage.. :)

razwi
Baby Bird

Postby razwi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:08 am

yes true, what u have to do is be patient during this bluffing stage....
Razwi.

regan
Weaning Bird

Postby regan » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:02 am

azman66 wrote:
not too sure either.but lately he is very bity. will lounge at my hand and it draw blood.
i think he is going in to the staga already, he is 7 month this 21 jan 2010.

what confuse me is, when he is 4 months old, he did alot of female clucking things, now, he did alot of male danceregan
Hatchling

Wah Regan, nice IRN u have. I just wonder whay yr tame IRN bites u. :roll:

thanks there,...

because at this period of time, he has a surge if hormone that push them to try everything. Often very carelessly.
They become very excited easily and resolve the excitement with biting.
As a pet, alot of people will give up urn when they are in thus stage, thinking the bird have become monster forever.
However, if biting is encaurage at this period, biting can be a habit that is very very difficult to break.
My previus irm never gone through thus stage, that's why ist also the 1st time facing it.

Hope friends who expiriamce it before could give some tips

thanks alot

In the wild, they learn the most in thus stage as well as get seperated from the siblings and parents to prevent inbreeding.

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Regan..

I just wanna share few of my experiences here.. I do have several birds that I nurture from babies.. They are Macaw, Amazons and a Ringneck just like yours.. During this bluffing stage, these babies seem to learn on the usage of the beak.. They will start on bluffing behavior and kinda nippy during this stage..
My advice is try not to show;
1. aggression towards them..
2. if happen to be bitten by their beak.. Don't show any sign of pain or afraid.. They will learn that this is a mechanism to set a perimeter between the owner and the bird.. Sometimes they will learn that this is fun.. So, they will repeat the behavior again and again until it become incurable habit..

Once they realized that biting doesn't bother us at all , they will eventually stop it.. At this time you may praise and have a lovely voice for the birds and sometimes need to be a little bit strict to them if they are beyond the border, using your voice tone.. But please, NO aggressive punishment from you.. Just a hard and stern voice will do..

The key word here is.. Never show any sign of PAIN or FEAR in front of a bluffing bird.. Failure to do so may resulting menace behavior of a bird.. They will know who is the boss and companion for the rest of their life..

ajeckniddurahaz
Talking Birds

Postby ajeckniddurahaz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:40 am

regan wrote:
ajeckniddurahaz wrote:
regan wrote:harnes tu saye buat sendiri

Wah.. teruja saya macam ni..
ada sample tak?? Minat nak buat ni

BTW cantik ringneck awk dan juga kemas kerja tangan. Tahniah

haha, thanks alot, kalo nak buat, saye bole send document saye. saye beli beberape jenis harnes untuk ringneck, tapi ade je kekurangan di setiap brand. jadi saye pelajari and buat sendiri. selama dalam mase analising harnes yang saye beli and planing die punya design, saye ada ambil note.
pm me your email bila minat buat, hope can help

Thanks regan, plz chck ur email

glider
Wise Owl

Postby glider » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Nice bird & so cute...

Return to “Ring neck Parakeet”