Tiel price

The cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus), also known as the quarrion and the weiro, is a bird that is a member of the cockatoo family endemic to Australia. They are prized as household pets and companion parrots throughout the world and are relatively easy to breed
cstan005
Wise Owl

Tiel price

Postby cstan005 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi there,
picture below is an 7 - 8 months old tiel and price at RM 450.00/pair ( according to shop owner ). Just wondering is it expensive or reasonable. price given is from bird shop.Well have not purchased it, budget out, Not much information obtain whether from Thailand, local or .....
Comments are welcome.
Happy rearing
cstan

YOKE CHIN
Wise Owl

Re: Tiel price

Postby YOKE CHIN » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:43 am

cstan005 wrote:Hi there,
picture below is an 7 - 8 months old tiel and price at RM 450.00/pair ( according to shop owner ). Just wondering is it expensive or reasonable. price given is from bird shop.Well have not purchased it, budget out, Not much information obtain whether from Thailand, local or .....
Comments are welcome.
Happy rearing
cstan

cstan, that's the market price for wild ones at this moment. :wink:
Owner of
2 tamed lovebirds, 2 tamed cockatiels, a tamed budgie & a tamed pineapple gcc

ImageImageImageImage

cstan005
Wise Owl

Postby cstan005 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:42 am

Hi YC,
Yup, price should be wild but what I have look at it compared other pair which is more wild.Can't even look at them or closer in which tiel wings open ready to fly. These pair just moving around on the bird stand, semi wild if I look at them. Never the less. what will be an average price for tiel ?wild and hand feed tiel? Do you think is it an reasonable price fot these pied Cinamon? sorry if I got the name wrong. Which one is male and female?
How was your sales on junior tiel? Thanks for your guide
Happy rearing
cstan

YOKE CHIN
Wise Owl

Postby YOKE CHIN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 am

Hi cstan,
My opinion of birds, may it be semi tame or wild, if the birds bite real hard and draw blood, they are wild. Mentioning about prices of cockatiels can be very subjective as different shops sell different prices. It‘s depends on the buyers whether they are comfortable in paying for the birds they choose which they feel worth buying.

Wild and hand feed cockatiels has differences as wild are raised by parents and hand feed is taken out when they were young chicks to be hand fed / raised by human hands until they can eat on their own and can be bonded with human easily.

The 1st pic. that you have shown on the left is a male and female on the right (if the pearl remain after the 1st moulting) and both are normal pied cockatiels.

So far my tamed cockatiels are alright as I don't breed too many at a time. Thks.

Regards, :)
YC
Owner of
2 tamed lovebirds, 2 tamed cockatiels, a tamed budgie & a tamed pineapple gcc

ImageImageImageImage

cstan005
Wise Owl

Re: Tiel price /suprise

Postby cstan005 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 am

Hi YC
Thanks for tunjuk ajar, and I was stunt today as un expected received two new things on my birthday, when back from office ( half day leave )

We went there just to look at it, of course is my own intention and then proceed for lunch break,on Saturday after having cake cutting ceremony.
Today, these pair is at my places what I have monitor from the bird kuaci, millets and corn and clear my avairy of buddgies and let tiel in. Took me an hour to settled it, now...
My question is,when will they start eating, which the dropping more on Green color,the male looks sleepy, (this pair comes with cage, smaller size ). what I have goes through internet about Tiels, new surrounding they are reluctant to take food possible from day 1 - day 7 ??? can they last that long???I
I even peel an apple but not action at all, they are at the highest place, which two set of food tray and drinking water easy available.
Any advise? urgent advise needed, my avairy is 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft
Thanks in advance
Happy rearing
cstan
Last edited by cstan005 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NeddieKamal
Hatchling

Re: Tiel price /suprise

Postby NeddieKamal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm

cstan005 wrote:Hi YC
Thanks for tunjuk ajar, and I was stunt today as un expected received two new things on my birthday, when back from office ( half day leave )
1st my wife purchased an new LED TV.. Ha,,,, new gadgets ( sorry sudah sorong sikit )
2nd my two old primary buddies bought a pair of tiel as shown on early picture. We went there just to look at it, of course is my own intention and then proceed for lunch break,on Saturday after having cake cutting ceremony.
Today, these pair is at my places and was inform they purchased it on Saturday itself, after lunch and been told that they don't think they are eating. Rush to bird shop near by, purchased what I have monitor from the bird shop, kuaci, millets and corn and clear my avairy of buddgies and let tiel in. Took me an hour to settled it, now...
My question is,when will they start eating, which the dropping more on Green color,the male looks sleepy, (this pair comes with cage, smaller size ). what I have goes through internet about Tiels, new surrounding they are reluctant to take food possible from day 1 - day 7 ??? can they last that long???I
I even peel an apple but not action at all, they are at the highest place, which two set of food tray and drinking water easy available.
Any advise? urgent advise needed, my avairy is 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft
Thanks in advance
Happy rearing
cstan

Hello, cstan!

Based on my experience of having a cockatiel - my first parrot - I believe it takes some time for your 'tiels to get used to the new surrounding. My cockatiel didn't eat the whole time on the first day she was brought home. To accurately say how long they are going to take for them to adapt, I also believe that it depends on the individual bird. Perhaps because my cockatiel was alone, she had no choice, so it didn't take her long to eat and trust me and bond with me. :)

Just to share with you the story of my cockatiel. Note that she was called a "he" or "him" in this blog entry, because I initially thought she was a male 'tiel! :lol:

http://angels-in-disguise.blogspot.com/2006/06/diary-of-sun-ray-my-pearl-cockatiel_13.html
"I realized that if I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes." - Charles Lindbergh
http://angels-in-disguise.blogspot.com/

Return to “Cockatiel”