Setting up new Finch breeding farm in KL

Introduce yourself and your birds here.

This is the place where the other birds enthusiast able to know more about you. A good place to make more friend.

Moderator: Moderator

hasan_nasirpk
Egg

Setting up new Finch breeding farm in KL

Postby hasan_nasirpk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi,

My name is Hasan and I am in a short visit to Kaula Lampur. My brother has an exotic bird farm in Pakistan, who is breeding finches (few breeds) and selling the new flock to the exporters, who are exporting it abroad.He want to setup another breeding farm in KL.

After getting through the forum, I realize that it is the best place and resource to get the knowledge that:

1. Is weather in Malaysia is feasible for Finch bird farming?
2. Where can we do the farming setup? Is at the roof top in villa is ok in KL?
3. Is there any legal formality to setup a Finch Breeding farm?
4. We want to sell the new flock to whole sellers. How we can approach them? Otherwise what could be the best selling approach?

I have too many questions, but I believe some expert will be there to help me out in this regards.

Thanks and Regards
Hasan

Tanin
Site Admin

Re: Setting up new Finch breeding farm in KL

Postby Tanin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Hassan,

First of all, welcome to the forum...

with related to your query:
1. Is weather in Malaysia is feasible for Finch bird farming?
The weather here is hot/sunny and have plenty of rain during the monsoon season. Depending on the species of finches that you plan to breed; if the species like lots of sun light, I think it is feasible.

2. Where can we do the farming setup? Is at the roof top in villa is ok in KL?
I would not recommend to do that. Better find a piece of land nearby (outskirt of city) and do it.

3. Is there any legal formality to setup a Finch Breeding farm?
If the species is not listed in the Malaysian Wildlife act; the procedure should be simple (but you will still need to get permit from district office to do farming)

4. We want to sell the new flock to whole sellers. How we can approach them? Otherwise what could be the best selling approach?
if you farm are establish and can supply the birds whenever the demand is; I think you can approach all the pets shop in the city. If the price is compatetive and the demand of the species is there, I am sure they will be happy to take it from your farm.

That is my 2 cent... hope it can give you some idea.
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

Return to “Introduce Your Flock”