Birdies

Introduce yourself and your birds here.

This is the place where the other birds enthusiast able to know more about you. A good place to make more friend.

Moderator: Moderator

studmuffin
Talking Birds

Birdies

Postby studmuffin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi everyone,

What started out as small introduction of responsibility for my boyz turned out to be an obsession for me. A pair of munia,s and a week later a pair of budgies. Then my dad gets my eldest boy a pair of zebra doves.Soon after that my wife falls for a pair of tame cockatiels, followed by a pair of zebra finch. Help we need more space! So i decide to order an aviary.

As the weeks past and we roam the klang valley for shops selling birds the collection gets larger. Everything is now an excuse just to head out to the shops. A yellow canary, green finch(yellow fronted canary), a pair of rosellas, strawberry finches, gouldian finch, crimson rumped waxbill, cardinal quelea, white rumped seedeater,
blue crowned hanging parrot, red whiskered bulbul and a magpie robin which we caught.

As a young boy i grew up with magpies, budgies, tiong mas, love birds which we caught... will tell the story later. wah mei and also a kunyit bear only for a few weeks as a cat almost got to it while it was learning to fly.

Have learn,t a bit here and there and this forum is of great help too.

Will continue with more in the next few days, stay tuned .

Studmuffin.

studmuffin
Talking Birds

Re: Birdies

Postby studmuffin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 am

Hi everyone,

More stories later,

I just realized my pair of rosella,s have laid some eggs. both father n mother r both in the nest box. I would appreciate some help on what to do.

The cockatiels in the same cage are going to be separated to prevent any incidents.

Cheers Kenneth

studmuffin
Talking Birds

Postby studmuffin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Update on the rosella,s, they have taken 3 eggs out of the nest box. 1 seems to be fertilized but cracked, other 2 not sure but cracked too. there seems to be a few more eggs.

Cheers Kenneth.

studmuffin
Talking Birds

Postby studmuffin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:44 am

After more than 3 weeks the rosella,s are out of the nest box. There are 3 more eggs in there but they don,t seem to be nesting in the box. Any info or advice from anyone?

Cheers Kenneth

Return to “Introduce Your Flock”