Bush Stone Curlew

Introduce yourself and your birds here.

This is the place where the other birds enthusiast able to know more about you. A good place to make more friend.

Moderator: Moderator

Loges728
Egg

Bush Stone Curlew

Postby Loges728 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 am

:newhere: :newhere: hi, yesterday I saw a Bush Stone Curlew near my house.
I tried to catch it to save from the cats...but it fly away
But today morning I saw it again in front of my house.
So I bring it into my house.. can anybody tell me what I should I do next? Already Google about the bird..
It is a threatened species.. it's location is Australia but I don't know how it came to Malaysia LOL
First I thought it was an eagle hahahaha

Paul.R

Re: Bush Stone Curlew

Postby Paul.R » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:49 am

Welcome to the forum Lorges728.

Firstly glad that you have it safe from cats.
Stone Curlew are beach side or water birds.
Careful in handling this bird. They are eco to mangrove and beachside usually range from Australia Malaysia Indonesia to the Philippine. We to have Stone Curlew over in U.K.

"The Beach Stone-curlew is classified as Near Threatened on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species"

If hurt or sick bring it to the vet. Or if a young bird and well bring it way from harm and release it back to beach mangrove or near waterfront close to your area after it gets look after. Try putting up a photo so that others can view it. They eat tiny sheelfish, crab or seafood.

They are easily stress out and could go into cardiac arrest and died. Put a cloth slight over the cage to calm it down.
If a baby they need warm place although I know in Malaysia is hot country. Update us more on this topic.

Do you live near coaster line or possible near mangrove area. This species don't wonder far from waterline. Unless it's a captive breed that escape. Hope there is a ring on leg that tell. Ore of a story. They need shallow water too.
Quality is always better than quantity.
Don't crack under pressure.

Return to “Introduce Your Flock”