Some video of bird of paradise

One of the most beautiful bird. Currently in status protected in Malaysia law.
Tanin
Site Admin

Re: Some video of bird of paradise

Postby Tanin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:11 am

low wrote:Hi Tanin,

Are you sure that the government allow us to keep bird of paradise? Where do you get this piece of news? Care to share.

Thanks

Low

Hello Low,

I just based on the list of species in the new Act. In Act 76, they are listed under totally protected which need special permit to keep. However, under Act 716, they are listed as 'Protected' only, which mean... it will use the normal KPM24A to keep.

Having said that, it is not as easy as I said... since, for a shop to issue receipt to us, they must obtain the bird legally and not though smuggling. Without proper receipt, we cannot just walk to PERHILITAN office and request for KPM24A license... :)
Best Regards,
Tanin

Now you can share any posting that you like to FBook!

For more more detail on how to share, please visit:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11885

low
Hatchling

Postby low » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 am

Hi Tanin,

Thanks for the info.

I don't see the purpose for the government to amend the law since bird of paradise is not widely available and most were smuggled into the country. The new amendment is as good as disallowing the rearing of bird of paradise.

Unless bird of paradise is breed locally, do you know of anyone keeping bird of paradise? Maybe we can buy from him :o

Best regards

Low

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks for the info.

I don't see the purpose for the government to amend the law since bird of paradise is not widely available and most were smuggled into the country. The new amendment is as good as disallowing the rearing of bird of paradise.

Unless bird of paradise is breed locally, do you know of anyone keeping bird of paradise? Maybe we can buy from him :o

Best regards

Low

In the case of bird of paradise, I think the amendment is good... just that, the price of them is too high for average bird keeper. with the amendment, it actually mean that if someone have the mean, they will be able to get the bird. :wink:

Bird of paradise, many of them is cites II, mean that there are some exporter that do export it. So, if someone in Malaysia have good amount of money to spent, he can import them in, and keep it... without the need to apply for special permit.

As an idea, here I attached some data of import/export of lesser bird of paradise and the captive breeding record of them.

In the attachment, you will see that there are few exporter from Singapore that supply the bird to many Zoos. Since Singapore is just a close neigbhour to us, it is not too difficult for a Malaysian to import them. :mrgreen:
Attachments
birdofparadise2001.pdf
Lesser Bird of Paradise record
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 193 times
Best Regards,
Tanin

low
Hatchling

Postby low » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:48 am

Hi Tanin,

I am impressed with your overall knowledge in the regulation of acquiring restricted species :bravo

I didn't realised that we can import bird of paradise into Malaysia and its legal. Do you know what is the qualification required of the importer?
License holder? Cites Qualification?

Btw, do you know how much is the price of a bird of paradise locally? Since the law has been relax, are you interested in acquiring one yourself? and what type? :mrgreen:

Regards

Low

Tanin
Site Admin

Postby Tanin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:15 am

I am impressed with your overall knowledge in the regulation of acquiring restricted species :bravo

I didn't realised that we can import bird of paradise into Malaysia and its legal. Do you know what is the qualification required of the importer?
License holder? Cites Qualification?

Btw, do you know how much is the price of a bird of paradise locally? Since the law has been relax, are you interested in acquiring one yourself? and what type? :mrgreen:

Regards

Low

Hello Bro,

I also still learning like all bro here... still not very good at it :)

For non-TP birds, the easiest way is just to contact some local importer. They will be able to prepare for all documentation for you with certain fees :wink:

I think the price is too 'high' for someone like me to get any at the moment, so I don't really think I will be getting any in this near future... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Best Regards,
Tanin

Return to “Bird of Paradise”