Jardines Parrots

If you come across a rare and exotics parrots or some species that you never encounter or know much about it. Discuss it here. Once there are lots of discussion about the detail of the species, I will create a seperate forum for it.
Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Jardines Parrots

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 am

I just received my new birds. A pair of Jardines Parrots. Still young and the males just have a small red spot on the forehead and on both thighs.. It's a wild caught I supposed but they dont really display panic and shy behaviour like other poicephalus family.. Both are eating very well and need some time for adjustment to my new home.. :)
ImageImage

sn4pp3r
Talking Birds

Re: Jardines Parrots

Postby sn4pp3r » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:05 am

wow ................................ :D
wat is the next parrot u intend to get bro ?

Irwan Fahmy

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:14 am

sn4pp3r wrote:wow ................................ :D
wat is the next parrot u intend to get bro ?

None after this.. Enough at the moment (really?) :mrgreen:
Just concentrate on these fellas for the time being.. My intention of course it will be 2yh, yn and hyacinth but dont have enough moneyla hehehe! Need to maintain my new family after this..

parrotsim
Wise Owl

Postby parrotsim » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:49 am

Irwan Fahmy wrote:I just received my new birds. A pair of Jardines Parrots. Still young and the males just have a small red spot on the forehead and on both thighs.. It's a wild caught I supposed but they dont really display panic and shy behaviour like other poicephalus family.. Both are eating very well and need some time for adjustment to my new home.. :)
ImageImage

wow cikgu, this parrot is very very beautiful...they look so green, but are they adult already?will they change their plumage soon???i like their beak very much..how much do you get them???i want to buy also haha...jkjk...

Irwan Fahmy

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:41 pm

parrotsim wrote:wow cikgu, this parrot is very very beautiful...they look so green, but are they adult already?will they change their plumage soon???i like their beak very much..how much do you get them???i want to buy also haha...jkjk...

These are young birds, still not acquiring their mature plumage yet.. When they reach maturity, they will have red spot on the forehead and at their thighs.. The dark colouration will vary and resemble like scale.. They are African parrot (poicephalus family) and sometimes regarded as amazon of the african continent.. At 1st I just intended to have a Cape Parrot but no stock until now..

birdstud

Postby birdstud » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:21 am

Bro. wah cantik gambar kau. Cam na Hang tau jantan atau betina? Visual unggak ada ya Bapak. Kenalah hantar DNA lagi. What do you feed them ah? Aku punya dah makan Pellet/pisang dan roti. The whistle is beautiful like a flute. After it settles down time to train since Arnie has to rest.

Return to “Rare and Exotic Parrots”