Palm Cockatoo

A cockatoo is a parrot that is any of the 21 species belonging to the bird family Cacatuidae, the only family in the superfamily Cacatuoidea. Along with the Psittacoidea (true parrots) and the Strigopoidea (large New Zealand parrots), they make up the order Psittaciformes (parrots). The family has a mainly Australasian distribution, ranging from the Philippines and the eastern Indonesian islands of Wallacea to New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and Australia.
mag
Flying Bird

Re: Palm Cockatoo

Postby mag » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:08 am

Judging the pair I own, the description is correct but they do not adapt well to strangers. My pair bonds well with my family but not during mating and brooding period, they want their privacy and tend to look after their young much longer. My pair sometimes still feed their 9 month old chick occasionally. On the chewing part, they do enjoy itu with soft material like young shoots, twigs, sugar cane etc.

Irwan Fahmy
Location: Kangar, Perlis Indera Kayangan/Alor Setar, Kedah Darulaman

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:47 am

mag wrote:Judging the pair I own, the description is correct but they do not adapt well to strangers. My pair bonds well with my family but not during mating and brooding period, they want their privacy and tend to look after their young much longer. My pair sometimes still feed their 9 month old chick occasionally. On the chewing part, they do enjoy itu with soft material like young shoots, twigs, sugar cane etc.

Thanks mag.. :) They are really a good parents.. It is difficult to breed them (thats what other breeders told me)
What do u feed ur pair? Is it the same like any other cockatoos? For a black palm what kind of basic feed they love most?

birdstud

Postby birdstud » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Irwan Fahmy wrote:
mag wrote:Judging the pair I own, the description is correct but they do not adapt well to strangers. My pair bonds well with my family but not during mating and brooding period, they want their privacy and tend to look after their young much longer. My pair sometimes still feed their 9 month old chick occasionally. On the chewing part, they do enjoy itu with soft material like young shoots, twigs, sugar cane etc.

Thanks mag.. :) They are really a good parents.. It is difficult to breed them (thats what other breeders told me)
What do u feed ur pair? Is it the same like any other cockatoos? For a black palm what kind of basic feed they love most?

ada udang disebalik batu ni!!

Irwan Fahmy

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Mana ada... Just for info heheheh! :lol:

azman66
Wise Owl

Postby azman66 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:48 am

ada udang disebalik batu ni!!

Irwan Fahmy wrote:Mana ada... Just for info heheheh! :lol:

Hehehehe :mrgreen: :D :) :D :wink: :wink:

Irwan Fahmy

Postby Irwan Fahmy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks mag for the info.. I think the soft tube is the best for the food.. Im not owning any palm but just admires their beauty and will apply for the permit in the future.. I did saw several of them in PENANG BIRD PARK and they are really beautiful.. Now just admires only.. :mrgreen: :)

Return to “Cockatoos”